Chapter 3:- Embrace the Third Wheeling

Začít od začátku

Soon my friends arrived, the three idiots that they were looking like in their school uniforms made me feel better with my short haircut and that "i have just hit puberty moustache" which was sooo different!

Me:-"Hey losers! What's up?"

Akaash:-"The only loser i can see is you loner boyy! "

Arya :-"True that."

Shreya:-"Looks like you have to get out of your comfort zone John in order to make new friends in your class...Does that hurt?"

Me:-"Hey i ain't a loser, and yeah it kinda hurts leaving my comfort zone."

Arya:-"You should have come to the fresher's party at Haden's house last night John, it was a blast!"

Me:-"Honestly i prefer reading Harry Potter."

Shreya:-"See this is why you are single!"

Me:-"Really? At least i have you guys with m....."

>Manly voice from the staircase

"Hey babe!"

Arya:-"Oh hey Abhay!"

I whispered to Akaash and Shreya "Did i just hear that? Did you guys hear the same? What's going on? Both of them just smiled as if nothing happened and laughed at me.

Subconscious Mind:-"Hey, Arya has a boyfriend now douchebag! None other than Abhay Freaking Grover! Omg like how?"

Me:-" Finally i can agree with you subconscious mind on something! And yeah how are they together?"

Subconscious Mind:-"You know what, you should just embrace it and let them be,and third wheeling could be fun!"

Me:-"Yeah.."

>Another Voice follows from the staircase

"Hey Babe!"

Shreya:-"Omg Hi Dhruv!"

Subconscious mind:-"WAIT! What did i just hear! Shreya too?! Bro this is nuts! And that too with DHRUV SEHGAL ! OMG!"

I was shocked as i saw both these two couples hugging each other, kissing and uhh! Gross! Then i looked at Akaash with a confused look and telepathically told him, "Dude is this really happening?!"

Too which he replied "Yeah..."

Subconscious Mind:-"I think you are overreacting dude, just let it be they are your friends, i mean it can't get worse can it? And 5th wheeling isn't that bad right? And secondly you have Akaash! Right? Right?"

>Another freaking voice comes, but from the 2nd stairway behind us. This time it was a girl's voice!

"Hey Boyfriend!"

Akaash:-"What's up Girlfriend?!"

Subconscious mind:-"Okay that's it! John there is a window on the right of you down the corridor,just run to it and jump! Just jump and be freed from the troubles of seeing these things! Like why, why does Akaash also have a Girlfriend now?! Dude your life is useless now isn't it? You are the freaking 7th wheel!"

'Whoosh.......'

The wind blew, but i stood still as all these things unfold around me.

1)My friends taken away from me.

2)My chance of being alone increasing.

3)Annnnnd my self esteem hit an all time low.... I WAS THE 7TH WHEEL!

The three couples had a surprised look on their face, like hey ! Let me at least have my moment of confusion, but no ! That too they had to steal it away from me.

The first words i said to them was "This is a prank right?"

To which they all replied in unison "NO! This is real."

Side Note:-Just wanted to give a tip to you guys who are in a relationship and haven't told it to your close friends, please for the love of god take your time and make a move,don't start to make-out in middle of nowhere in front of them and expect them to "understand".

I still had that confused face, honestly what else can you expect from an introvert brown dude who loves reading books,the most traumatising moment for me would have been when Ronald Wesley got into a fight with his best friend Harry Potter over a vision that Hermione,his girlfriend was kissing harry.

But this, this was a hard pill to swallow.

Akaash:-"Listen John, we three really wanted to tell you about this beforehand but you ended up going for a month to Kerala.."

Shreya:-"Yeah and the week that you came back, there was only 4 days to school so we assumed that you would be better off seeing it in person .."

My God i have some hard-hearted friends, who thought it would be better to dump a load of information on me and expect my 15 year old brain to process all this new data, simultaneously maintaining a good amount of concentration in school work, because it was the first day!

Jesus Christ! Do not let anyone else suffer from the thoughts of these people!

And you know the worst part is? The bell rang! Which meant we all had to move to our classrooms!

Wow what a way to begin high school!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo Yo Yo!

How are you guys doing?! I am so happy with the increasing number of readers everyday that i see on this book, do remember to hit that vote button and support this book as much as you can!

Thanks ! :)