Even as a high rank Imperial Consort, what qualifications did she have to live in the Feng Yi Palace? Zhou Yun Sheng sneered and slowly strolled back to the Palace of Heavenly Purity. He turned over the memorials piled on the imperial table, learned which time period he had returned to, and couldn't help but reveal a melancholy expression.

Previously, because of the threat posed by the villain system, he was particularly favorable to Zhao Bi Xuan, and even began to place her family members in important positions. She was originally a common born daughter from the Wen Yuan March, descendant from an important General, her ancestors rose to great power during Da Qi's founding. But after everything calmed down, there was peace and prosperity, and the old Emperor pursued a political strategy of heavy military suppression, so her family's power slowly declined. However, in recent years, the barbarian tribes surrounding Da Qi unexpectedly formed an alliance, repeatedly encroaching on Da Qi's border during the summer and autumn seasons. Zhou Yun Sheng received the second task from the system at this time, promote the Wen Yuan March.

So he hand-picked Marquess Wen Yuan's eldest son, Zhao Xuan, to be the West General, and the man led the army to expel the Tartars. Zhao Xuan was a genius military leader, as soon as he arrived at the border, there were repeated reports of victories, and under the villain system's coercion, Zhou Yun Sheng had to promote him again and again. On the day of the Second Prince's birth, the man finally obtained an overwhelming victory over the barbarians, and was coated with a layer of his nephew's 'Lucky Star from Heaven' golden light. Zhou Yun Sheng was 'overjoyed at the news', and without waiting for him to come back to the capital, he sent out an imperial edict, giving him the title Duke Yu Gou, and the position as the country's Grand General. Because the Da Qi Empire was still heavily suppressing the military, this could be regarded as a rare military position. The man had at least a million troops under his control, enough to dominate the country.

Zhou Yun Sheng opened the top memorial, it was written by Zhao Xuan. If you could read people by how they wrote, it was not hard to see how untamable and capable Zhao Xuan was from his rigid and beautiful calligraphy. But it was a pity, the man had already cast his lot with the Gong Prince, he was the Gong Prince's greatest support to wrestle away the throne, and also Zhou Yun Sheng's number one enemy.

In the memorial, he relayed that the west expedition army had arrived in the encampment outside the imperial capital, and was awaiting the Emperor's opening of the city gates for inspection.

"I came a step too late." Throwing away the accounts book, Zhou Yun Sheng shook his head and sighed sullenly. Wen Yuan March had already become a power house, if he moved against the Gong Prince, he was bound to be eliminated by Wen Yuan March. The millions of troops Zhao Xuan had under his control were not decorative, he had to move carefully, or he would be bitten. Plus, the harem was also under the Empress Dowager's control, and she'd instructed the Jing Guo Duchy to stir up trouble in the imperial court from time to time, so he also needed to deal with her. If he had arrived a year or two earlier, this task would've been much easier, he could've lifted a finger and crushed Zhao Bi Xuan and the Gong Prince dead.

"Your majesty the Emperor, the hour is late, you should rest. Tomorrow, you have to greet the multitude of officers and soldiers." A gentle voice calmly brushed his ear. Zhou Yun Sheng glanced sideways and immediately smiled with squinted eyes. The imperial court and the harem each had their disputes, neither was 100% safe to keep at his side, so was this loyal High Eunuch, Liu He, also not a spy the Empress Dowager and the Gong Prince planted at his side? The only reason the former Qi Yi Ning never suspected him was because he was a gift from the Old Emperor.

Zhou Yun Sheng never trusted Liu He, but he'd also never guarded against him. He knew that he was pre-destined cannon fodder, resistance or no resistance, it made no difference. So when the An Prince rebelled, he was not at all surprised to see Liu He lead the An Prince to come capture him. The An Prince rebelled from the front, and the Gong Prince sent troops to rescue the king from the rear, allowing him to get rid of his two rivals in one fell swoop and take the throne without the slightest stigma. Who knew how many years the Gong Prince and the Empress Dowager had planned this out.