Xue Yan smiled, "Just wait for Xue Rui to come beg for you, when he comes, I'll tell him the good news that we're getting married."

"Remember, I'm a pure white lotus, I can grow in the mud unsullied, I don't know anything." Zhou Yun Sheng hooked his arms around the other man's neck, nibbling on his lover's lips between words, his eyes flashing a sly light.

"Yes yes, you don't know anything, you're a tiny daisy blooming in the best greenhouse, a baby chick hiding under my wings. You only obediently accepted my protection, you don't need to know about the world's cruelty." Xue Yan pried open his teeth with his tongue, indistinctly murmuring.

He didn't expect his grumpy boss could naturally say such greasy sweet-talk, Xue Lao Si really couldn't stand to watch. Also, what tiny daisy and baby chicks, could that really describe Huang Yi? He was clearly a wolf dressed in sheepskin, right? Just look at how he's playing around with Xue Rui's family and turning their lives upside down.

———–

Three days later, Xue house.

Xue Rui called his son into the piano room, "Your sister has been practicing hard these few days. She didn't sound so good at first, but it's much better now. Go help her find any flaws and correct her as soon as possible. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wants me to take her to the rehearsal tomorrow."

Xue Zi Xuan had shut himself up in his room, in just a few days he lost a lot of weight, his face very haggard. He asked hoarsely, "Dad, when are you going to pick up Xiao Yi?"

"Where can he run? That man Xue Yan's temper turns violent at the drop of a hat, the boy might've bought some good will with him, but he'll grow tired of him in a few days and throw him out. I'll go pick him up and let him know the difference between good and evil. I give him food and clothing, and he still has the nerve to try and give me conditions, what a rude bastard."

Xue Zi Xuan was very resentful of his father's vicious words, he sneered, "For what purpose did you feed and clothe him? It's just to dig out his heart! Why should he learn good and evil? So he can lie on the operating table and let you gut him?"

"Why, are you opposed?" Xue Rui stared at his son with suspicious eyes.

"Yes, I'm opposed." Xue Zi Xuan frankly looked back.

"We're trying to save your sister!"

"Then find another heart. If you dare touch him, I'll go straight to the police and turn you all in."

Xue Rui was filled with rage, on the verge of exploding, but Xue Zi Xuan just calmly pushed opened the door and walked towards Xue Jing Yi seated at the piano. Xue Jing Yi was a very determined person, bravely advancing to her goals, otherwise in the last life, she wouldn't have insisted on finishing the stage performance during a heart attack. These three days, she practiced day and night, and was finally able to smoothly finish 'My Empire', something she originally thought she absolutely couldn't do. But as it turns out, just forcing herself a little could make her ascend to a new level, which made her feel matchless pleasure after being overwhelmingly suppressed for so long.

"Brother, please listen to my song." She looked up and smiled brightly.

Xue Zi Xuan glanced at her indifferently and walked over to pull open all the curtains.

Xue Rui promptly put away his furious expression and reluctantly smiled, "Jing Yi, play for your brother. Take the time today to practice as much as you can, tomorrow, Dad will accompany you to the Congress Hall for a rehearsal."

"Okay." Xue Jing Yi nodded. For the past couple months, she had been living in Zhou Yun Sheng's shadow, watching his performances in the day, dreaming of becoming him at night, performing on stage in a tailcoat. She had almost turned into Zhou Yun Sheng's shadow, fantasizing about possessing his talented body and glory, obsessing over reports of people experiencing personality changes after transplants, gradually losing her mind, becoming deeply paranoid. When Zhou Yun Sheng was here, she was vulnerable and faded like a shadow, but when Zhou Yun Sheng was gone, she would think that she could replace him.