Dodging around trees, Reyna used them to ricochet herself off them like they were a springboard, letting herself fly through the air with a grace and agility that allowed her to drop down slightly ahead of Leah once again.

Leah was apparently the fastest of the shifters, and Reyna would not always be able to overtake or run aside her, but it was great while it lasted, what with the disgruntled noises she made when Reyna managed to take the lead.

When they found the mountain lion on the prowl, Leah didn't slow as they came upon it, landing on top it with gnashing teeth and grating claws. Reyna's fingers curled in anticipation, joining in and wrestling Leah for the kill.

The neck snapped before she could sink her teeth in, Leah dancing away smugly with a haughty air to her - ears perked and nose upturned in triumph.

"Yeah, yeah," Reyna grumbled, drawing the animal into her arms. "Just go and sniff out something else."

She sunk in, fingers curling over scratch mark, arms circling tight enough to break the bones. She drank ravenously, working quick so as not to lose any more of the blood that dripped leisurely from the wounds.

It wasn't her favorite, her preference being the large bear that lived on the mountain, the ones that fought till the end, but this was a close second, a sort of victory to it that venison didn't give to her, despite how plentiful they were.

Nearly done, Reyna pulled away quickly as she heard the growl that came from behind her, an angry hiss tumbling from her lips as she pulled the mountain lion to herself possessively.

She had grown distracted in her feed, allowed someone to sneak up on her, and every part of Reyna told her to attack whoever it was.

Another growl came from behind her, a warning one that came from the wolf that brushed against her side and stood defensively between them.

She placed her meal down slowly, carefully, as she turned around fully, tongue swiping out to catch the drop of blood that slid down the corner of her mouth.

Three wolves, three of Leah's old pack, and the piercing howl that the girl released was enough to let her know that this wasn't going to end well.

Her back of the hand swiped over her mouth, pulling away the mess from her hasty feeding.

A small, brown wolf pawed at the ground with an antsy whine, and Reyna dismissed him for being someone young and inexperienced. The middle one she could recognize by scent as the boy from yesterday with all the questions - Jared - and Reyna found his wolf form oddly reflective of his human self somehow.

The other one, the one that stood erect, watching her with rapt attention was the same boy with cautious eyes the last time she had seen him. Then he had been in her room, unsure of what to do, but now he looked like he was miserable, ready to come to her. It had been a while since she had seen Embry in wolf form, but not once did she forget how beautiful he was.

She could see her own reflection in his dark eyes. Her hair a mess, but silky smooth and full, shirt torn and dirty, skirt hidden beneath the length of it. Reyna found she no longer looked sick, the dark circles and red rims around her eyes gone. Blood darkened her lips - but her eyes, her eyes stood a glowing topaz in the dullness of the forest for the first time

"Boys," she greeted carefully. "We were just finishing up here, you'll understand if we can't stay."

She reached out, tapping Leah to motion her back but Jared inched forward, snapping his teeth at her.

Reyna didn't react to him, her fingers still lightly tucked in the wolf's fur at her side.

"Come Leah, I'll be able to wait until we're free to leave again," Reyna said inching back slowly. "I'm fine for now."