Hold me close

No ones POV:
She sat on his bed, watching him putting on his shirt, slowly buttoning it up. He turned back to the closet, looking into the mirror to fix his hair, but he refused facing her. Even when he looked into the mirror, he ignored her, his eyes avoided looking into hers. It's been like that for weeks now, and she felt helpless.
"Jason." She spoke softly, her voice cracking, she didn't have the strength to speak loudly anymore. Even though she actually felt like screaming.
He kept on ignoring her as he tied his shoes. She felt anger rise up inside of her as she repeated calling his name, this time trying to speak a little louder.
"Jason."
He grabbed his gun, checked if it was loaded and stuck it into his waistband.
"Jason McCann!" She breathed heavily, a little shocked about her heavy reaction. He turned around, his eyes empty. "Hm?"
She grabbed the sheets, looking into his empty eyes as a wave of sadness rushed through her body again. "Why do you do this to me?" She presses her lips together, turning her head away as she tried holding back her tears. He knew exactly what she had been talking about. He knew she was sad, but he didn't know how to help her, or, some part of him maybe even didn't want to help her.
He licked his lips as he walked to the bed, kneeling down in front of her. "I'm sorry."
She shook her head, wiping away the tears that slowly ran down her cheeks. "You're not. You're sorry for me but not for the situation itself."
He placed his pointer finger underneath her chin, making her face him. "I wouldn't lie to you, and I'm not sorry for you. I just don't know how to get close to you."
She sniffled, trying to hold back the tears that were building up. "I have been begging for your attention but you're refusing to talk to me. We don't even need to talk, I just want you to be there, please."
He looked into her innocent face, seeing her lips quiver and her body tremble in emotional pain. He wanted to punch himself for hurting her, for increasing her pain and leaving her alone at her breaking point. He pulled her body against his, holding her tightly as she started crying heavily.
"I'm sorry." He whispered as he leaned his chin on her head and closed his eyes, finally being able to feel the pain she has been keeping inside for all this time.
"I'm sorry." He repeated, rubbing her back to bring back a feeling of comfort and warmth. Her body was shivering in sadness and coldness and he knew it was his fault. He slowly lifted her, laying down on the bed with her and pulling her as close as possible.

They said nothing for a while. Their foreheads were leaned against each other as they kept their eyes closed. She stroked his back gently, assuring herself he was by her side and he'd never leave.
He wrapped his arm around her waist, making sure no one would get the chance to ever take her away from him. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead and let his lips rest there.
"Didn't you want to leave?" She asked softly, trying to not break the peaceful moment they were sharing. "No." He said softly. "This is more important." She smiled softly. "What do you mean?" He chuckled, opening his eyes. "Well, us. I know that we didn't share any moment for a long time and I'm sorry about that. But I promise that'll change now."
"Thank you." She smiled wider as she let herself sink into him completely.