oikawa. 闇

闇(n.) darkness

~~

The scent of rain descending upon earth for the first time this summer was refreshing to your senses. It was musky, earthy, along with the scent of pine trees that surrounded the 2-storey cabin you have considered as your permanent home for over 3 years now. 

Cautiously, you mapped your path out of your bedroom towards the balcony. You extended your hands to feel the cold rain and slowly, a smile broke out from your lips, lighting up your features. You inhaled, braving the sudden cold, and stepped out. 

The rain pelted down, unforgiving and harsh. But you didn't care as you twirled and dance. You were soaked in a matter of seconds but then again, you didn't care. Normally, people would just often take things for granted. People wouldn't really realize that even simple things such as rain is a blessing. But you would. And it made you different. Even just the feel of sunshine on your skin made you happy. 

Beauty was all around. 

"Y/n? What are you doing?" You turned around to face where the voice emitted from. Immediately, you were pulled back into your room with the feel of the soft carpet warming up your cold toes. 

"Huh? Tooru? I was just –" 

"You could get sick!" The tall brunette almost screamed, his hands busily stripping off your drenched clothes. He frowned at the feel of your ice cold fingers. 

"I'm... sorry." You quietly muttered, gliding your hands from your sides to his wrists. It was an action you can no longer erase – an action practiced because of fear. 

People thought of Oikawa Tooru as a man who wanted nothing more than to fulfill his duty and follow his dreams to become one of the best. Which was true. You thought so too, at one point. But that all changed when one of his dreams was to have you. At first you thought it was amazing, and it was. Until he began to find it hard to grab your full attention. 

"Only look at me." He would always say. 

But with your feet that constantly wanders and eyes always gazing at the wonders and beauty all around, it made things difficult for him. 

"Only stay with me." 

You couldn't. You didn't. 

"If you can't stay beside me and only look at me, then you can't wander anywhere else nor look at anything else." 

Oikawa just sighed and pushed you gently towards your bathroom, the chain around your ankle rattled at the strain. "Take a hot shower and call me when you're done." He instructed. His hand outstretched to turn on the lights like a reflex but he quickly pulled back. You didn't need the lights anymore. 

"Okay." You replied, feeling around the bathroom to turn on the tap for hot water and you stepping into it the shower. Painfully, with the memories and wishes you have, your fingers softly brushed against your eyelids. You opened them... only to see nothing.

It has always been that way since 3 years ago.

~~

Shoutout to this awesome people!!!

auraticc | sorasora94 | TheUnknownNarrator | @comorade | Hyeumi | -sweetpea | @scarletcastle | blacktigers_kuro | CoconutAlien | cangoos | _saccharin