tsukishima. 何度も

何度も (なんども, nando mo) - again and again

//lower case intended

🏐🏐🏐

you tried to listen to your friends, who were huddled around your seat, chattering on and on about their ideas for the upcoming school festival. but... nothing was registering in your mind.

just like always.

you've been struggling to stay focus on different areas of your life - mainly school and friends - but there seemed to be no progress at all. your friends also took notice of it but they just brushed it off considering you just came out from a very toxic relationship that broke you too much.

that was three months ago.

so... shouldn't you be moving on already?

well, you've been in the relationship for over two years. it's only understandable that bad days are nowhere near flying away. maybe next month, or next year, but definitely not today.

time. you need a long time.

"tsukishima-kun."

you stiffened once you heard a girl by the doorwar of your classroom, calling out your ex-boyfriend. you didn't need to look up to see who it was. she was always one of those who tried to ruin your relationship with the blonde.

you inanimately nodded when your friend asked you a question before you turned to face the window. the chair behind you scraped loudly as the blonde megane stood up from his seat to talk to the girl waiting outside.

it hurts... you thought sadly. it really hurts.

🏐🏐🏐

later that day, after volleyball practice, hinata came up to tsukishima with a sour look on his face.

"ne~ ne~ tsukishima, why is y/n-chan no longer coming to our practice?" hinata innocently asked, having to clue what happened between the both of you. "i miss her brownies and onigiri."

yamaguchi stood stiff as he gauge his best friend's reaction.

the first years and second years who have heard of what happened stayed silent and pretended as if they didn't hear anything, while the others who don't, questioned among themselves. they kept their voices to a minimum though, not wanting to upset their megane senpai.

"we broke up." tsukishima then plainly replied.

"what?!" came hinata's uproar and surprisingly, kageyama as well. "why?! but you-!"

"maa~ maa~ hinata," yamaguchi tried to calm them down and tsukishima just walked away nonchalantly to change back into his uniform like nothing big was announced to the whole club.

on the way home, yamaguchi finally confronted his best friend. "about y/n..." he started and the blonde gave him a sour look almost immediately. the freckled team captain was not fazed though. he continued, "was it really over? between you and y/n?"

silence filled the night as they continued to walk. for a moment, yamaguchi thought tsukishima might not answer, but he heard him sigh.

"i'd end up hurting her again if we go on. again and again." tsukishima stared ahead, his expression void of any emotion. "i always end up hurting her."

🏐🏐🏐

hi, i'm back