akaashi. 化物

A/N: I feel like this is the crowd favorite. And this is my first one shot ever. Anyways... Enjoy!

化物 (n.) monster
~~

What gave humans the right to decide who deserved to live or die? Aren't we all created with a purpose? If so, then those who play the almost insignificant role deserve nothing less than to compel to the part they held.

However, just because humans were created on a much greater scale doesn't mean they are at the top of the food chain. And just because ghouls feed on humans doesn't make them evil in a grand perspective. They're not monsters.

Every creature deserves to live, and yet every creature has this instinct to survive which differs from one to another. In this sense, how every creature deserves to live or die is relative.

Well, that was how Akaashi views it. And being under him, you never really complain about it. Not that you can anyway. Your life, as a human, balances around this mentality of his.

"He-help me, please..."

You averted your gaze from the bleeding man on the floor, his weak arms stretching out towards your direction.

The half-eaten spicy vegan pizza paratha in front of you looked a little less apetizing that it did minutes ago, before Akaashi dragged his supper into the room. He wasn't aware you were there in the first place anyway.

"Y/n." Akaashi called out, but your gaze remained on the dying stranger.

"Please don't..." The man tried to plead for his life. They always did. You've caught on this so many times you were used to it already. However, there was always this fear that lingers... and somehow... engulfs you.

'What if I was the one on the ground, begging for my life?' You would always think of this, every single time. Because deep down, you never really knew how things would unfold in the future.

You've been with Akaashi Keiji for more than 6 years now after your family died and you were left behind to be sold out to a rich family of ghouls. The Akaashis bought you only to be given as his 10th birthday present. But... many years have already come and gone... yet, you're still alive. By some strange miracle, you're still alive. And unharmed.

But... What if...

Question run through your mind daily. Dozens were answered by Akaashi and he would always remind you of it. But those questions still remain... unanswered. He never liked that, but he couldn't really do anything more to make you realize that he will always keep you safe.

At some point even, you never worried about yourself anymore but about him. What if humans from your school discover what he is, what would happen then?

So far though, everything's going well.

"Y/n." Once again, Akaashi called out, but a bit louder this time. And much more stern.

You dropped your gaze to the pizza in front of you and gulped. "I'll be fine here." You answered, almost like a squeak.

He studied you for a few seconds as you began to use your phone as a distraction before he went back to his meal.

Akaashi was very self-conscious around you when it comes to his dining. You couldn't blame him anyway. The first time you saw him fed, you had gotten sick for 2 days and rejected all food offered. By now, thankfully, you were used to it.

However, that wasn't his main concern. He didn't like the look in his victim's eyes reflected to your's - cause every damn time you would spot him in the act of dining, fear always appear in your eyes. Albeit it may be too small to detect, he still didn't like it. Your pupils will slightly dilate before an empty look will replace it.

Finally, after a few minutes of awkward noises and silence all balled up together, he retreated to his room, leaving a bloody mess in the dining room.

You took your phone from the table and slowly caught up to him, clutching on the hem of his navy blue shirt.

"Bokuto-san texted me about the away-games in preparation for the Spring Tournament." You stated, making him halt.

"Yeah." He mumbled, knowing you were worried once again. Last time they went on an away-games, he and Bokuto went balistic. The training was a little rough and they were pretty much hungry. It was a good thing Kuroo had shared some of his reserved meals.

"Would you like me to-"

Before you could even finish your sentence, he gave a stern look. "No, I don't want you there."

You looked down and released your hold on his shirt. "Okay..."

He sighed and turned to face you properly, his arms enveloping your tiny frame tightly to his chest. "I'll be fine."

"You always say that." Your words were muffled as you burried your face at the crook of his neck.

"And I'm always right." He countered.

"Won't you be needing a cheerleader?" You joked.

He chuckled, something that was rare of him to do, and then he leaned down to kiss you. It didn't last as long as both would have wanted though. He pulled back at the taste of your spicy paratha pizza and you did the same at the taste of blood.

"Ugh," He spitted out. "I honestly don't understand how you find those things appetizing."

You giggled. "I'm a human Keiji, you wouldn't understand."

He pulled you back into his arms. "But you're my human.You belong to me. Mine."

You smiled. "And you're my ghoul." He's not a monster.

Somewhere along the way of the past 6 years together, as Akaashi took his time to practice control with you, he felt the need to protect you. Not so he can have you for himself, but so he can show you many things and experience it all with you. At first he never really understand. The relationship was a rare one - like a lion falling in love with a lamb.

However, he couldn't care less. He couldn't see anything wrong it. His views of the heirarchy of living had been made no sense at all but with a sense just the same. It was paradoxical.

But you, in a form of gift, a birthday meal, made much more sense than anything else.

You weren't star-crossed lovers, he would always object. And he made sure of it. Your lines weren't just meeting once nor were it parallel which never meet at all.

But... What if...

~~