oikawa. 命 (1)

Soulmate A.U.

In which the name of your soulmate appears on your wrist when physical contact with him/her occurs for the very first time, even the slightest bit of touch.

命 (n.) fate (archaism)
~~

Finding your soulmate...

It was like a game of trial and error.

A heart-wrenching, cruel game.

And you loathed it.

Some people got what they were looking for, their expectations. Others...? Well, there's no 'better luck next time' as soulmates last for their eternity.

That was what scares you the most.

The idea of spending your lifetime with just only one person was just a huge curveball to the concept of freedom of choice and will given to those living. But there's not much you can do about it. Besides, maybe you'll get lucky. And for that reason, you've built yourself to be worth keeping, hoping that the other party does the same.

"He-he lied." You heard a girl sob, as you sat on a toilet of the girl's bathroom. "He just used me."

You can also hear her friends trying to comfort her but clearly, she was upset and nothing can help. Maybe it'll go away few hours later, but definitely not at the moment.

"I really thought Oikawa-kun was a nice guy."

You rolled your eyes at the mention of that infamous volleyball captain's name.

Oikawa Tooru.

Well, he used to be a darling back in your middle school. But when he finally got the hang of his charms and way with words, he came into different girls' lives like a tornado - wrecking everything on its way.

You finished your business, stood up, and flushed the toilet. Your thoughts slowly drifted away from the topic of the random girls outside your cubicle. But when you stepped outside, a sudden  question entered your mind.

'What if my soulmate was someone like Oikawa Tooru?'

You quickly pushed the thought away, all the while washing your hands and drying them.

'No...'

But fate couldn't be anymore cruel huh...

When you walked out from the bathroom and turned to the left wing of the school building which led you to your class, you bumped into him. Him. Oikawa Tooru. He quickly reach out for your wrist to prevent you from crashing on to the floor.

"I'm so sorry!" He apologized, sound very genuine; but paused and his eyes widened comically as he felt it - the tell-tale sensation of the indication of fate. He quickly pulled down his sleeve a little before eagerly smiling down at you.

"You're my soulmate?" It was almost inaudible, but you heard him loud and clear as you also felt it too. Thoughts were running in your head faster than a bullet train. You snatched your wrist away when he tried to look for his name.

"What's wrong?" He asked, brows furrowing in confusion.

You just looked up at him, eyes welling with tears that in no way symbolizes happiness. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you're mistaken." Your lips trembled. "I've abstain from any sort of intimacy knowing I should only do it with my soulmate. I was hoping he would do the same."

With that, you bowed down and left the scene, leaving a stunned Oikawa Tooru staring at where you once stood before him.

When you finally reached the safety of your seat inside the classroom (which was thankfully not Oikawa's), you placed your forehead on the edge of your table and peered at the name now inked on your wrist.

"F*ck."

Oikawa Tooru.

Special Thanks to sorasora94 and -sweetpea for voting