daishou. 嘘

嘘 (n.) lie
~~

Daishou raised his head to face the lights above them, eyes closed tightly, both hands on his hips, and his chest heaving up and down from intense battle that had just ended in Nekoma's favor, much to his dismay.

You stood up immediately and walked out from the stands to meet Nohebi out in the hallway. Perhaps... to try and comfort Daishou...?

But sadly, someone beat you to it.

Albeit you couldn't hear them properly from the distance, you watched from the sideline as his girlfriend made up with him, Daishou finally accepting his mistakes, and then both embraced, finding reconnection once again.

'Maybe... Maybe I was just that temporary safehouse. A rebound,' you thought sadly as you remembered how things were when the couple broke up. Daishou came to you, he always come to you whenever something upsets him.

'Yeah...Just a temporary comfort zone.'

You smiled when you noticed Daishou saw you. You waved at him.

"Are you happy now?" You mouthed inaudibly.

"What?" Daishou asked as he approached you, leaving his girlfriend by the entrance.

"I'm so happy for you." You told him with the biggest smile you could muster - a smile filled with nothing but a stabbing pain that will leave marks for eternity.

He gave you a little grin and held your wrist. "Well..." He scratched his head and looked away bashfully.

"Okay, bye." You broke free from his grasp. "I need to go, Rei-chan and Sai-chan are waiting for me." You continued, and pointed to the main entrance before running off.

"Wait-" You heard him say the vast doors closed.

THREE DAYS LATER~

"Daishou, calm down!"

"No! Let me go!"

"They're not sure yet, okay?! They're still examining the body!"

Sakijima and the others from the volleyball team held their captain down as he thrash around.

"But-" He finally broke down into ugly sobs as all the fight in him was finally dried. "-that can't be her."

"Yes, yes. It's not her." The team tried their best to comfort him. It's been 3 days since Y/N went missing. This morning, authorities finally found her body. Or at least what was left of her.

"It's not her. It's not her." They kept repeating to Daishou. But, is it not really...? Well, they were just saying it to comfort him, to keep him together.

But that can't be possible.

Y/N was his only comfort zone.

"She fcking lied," He continued to bawl on the floor. "She said she was happy."

Even his girlfriend couldn't help but just watch him break down.

No, you were definitely not just his temporary safehouse.

And it's too late to realize that.

~~