kenma. 間違い

間違い n. mistake

🐱🐱🐱

'just my luck', you inwardly groaned. first day of your 2nd year of high school and you're late. not to mention, you're a transferee.

rounding up the side of the side, you were immediately greeted with the wide compound of nekoma high - the building stretching from one side far from the other end wing. just the thought of having to go find your designated class was enough to shrivel up the energy left within you. but you have no choice though.

as soon as you stepped foot inside the lobby, the bell rang signaling the start of first period class and it drove you to ran fast down the empty hallway after checking your room on the bulletin board. you brought out your phone to check the time and cursed in annoyance as you turned to the next hallway.

🐱🐱🐱

kenma groaned tiredly as he slipped on his uniform blazer. first day and kuroo had them all gathered up for morning practice. the bedhead obviously didn't know what 'adjusting from the summer break' meant and it took a lot of prodding on the old man members' part to be able to convince him to stop at least on time.

walking down the empty familiar hallway, kenma brought out his phone to check out if his game had finished updating only to bumped into a short girl who seemed pretty peeved and in a hurry.

"sorry," you apologized in a rush before you picked up your phone on the ground and ran off, not even bothering to look up at the person you bumped into.

kenma sighed and picked up his phone. he knew he too was late but he couldn't care less. he pressed the button on the side on his phone and was surprised to see his wallpaper. it was a picture of an orange tabby. since when did he set his wallpaper to that????

it took a minute or two before everything clicked.

that girl.

he sighed exasperatedly, placing the very identical phone in his pocket and proceeded to class instead. the thought of not being able to play his game bummed him that he barely listened throughout his morning classes.

🐱🐱🐱

meanwhile, during lunch break, you were panicking. you didn't know anyone in this school so asking for help was a little bit out of question; plus, you didn't even know what that guy you bumped into looked like. what if he's a 3rd year?? oh no... your phone contains a bunch of embarrassing photos of yourself and the worse part is you didn't set up any a lock. what if the guy opens your phone?? you're doomed. calling you number wasn't an option since you can't open the phone you have right now. slowly, you trudged out of your classroom and tried look for the guy.

"why don't you just look through her album so you can identify her easily?" kuroo suggested as he tagged along with kenma's venture to find you.

the pudding head frowned up at him. "that's invasion of privacy, kuroo."

his tall friend just smirked, "whatever." then he quickly snatched the phone from kenma's hand.

"give that back."

kuroo, however, was already going through your photos. "oh sh!t, she's pretty."

kenma frowned at him.

it went on for a few minutes - kuroo checking out your photos while kenma just gave him a disapproving look. but then, the bedhead came across some photos that will definitely make kenma interested.

"look, kenma, she cosplays."

"lemme see," came the pudding head's default reply, but then he scowled up at him as soon as he realized it.

kuroo showed it to him despite that and kenma couldn't help himself but be more intrigued to meet you. the bedhead showed him pictures of last summer's anime convention with you cosplaying as (favorite anime character) from (favorite anime).

because both boys were somewhat preoccupied checking out the other photos as they walk, they didn't notice a stressed out girl speeding up as they turned to the next hallway.

you crashed into someone for the second time today, the phone in your hand dropping once again. as you picked up the phone, a sense of deja vu washed over you. you looked up to see a pair of golden eyes staring back at you. the guy was kneeling down like you picking up a phone that fell on the floor.

it didn't take a genius to figure everything out.

"it's you." you both whispered at the same time.

🐱🐱🐱

so umm... we will be on a lockdown drill tomorrow. how's everyone doing??

stay safe and wear a mask!