Season 5 Ep 4

A/N:

Hey there all!!

So, I have gotten some feedback and it looks like most of you are excited to see Aiden and Raven once again?! Stay tuned!

I also got some questions on if Aiden and Octavia's marriage held throughout the years! Well, as much as I would love to answer, I can't!

You'll have to read to find out!(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The crowd was deafening, until Gaia finally silenced them. She called us the enemy; traitors. My eyes locked onto Octavia's and my jaw clenched. Throughout the speech, our eyes never drifted. I watched her breathing, and it was more rapid than usual.

"We have to be the final two." Kane whispered.

I turned my attention to him, "Why? So I have to kill you?"

"It's the only way."

The battle commenced, and right away Kane threw me a shield just in time to block a sword from another competitor. I slid under his next attack and grabbed a sword from the wall. I turned and impaled him, taking his life as some of his blood attached to my face. Kane and I battled the rest, and like he wanted, we were the final two. He nodded at me, telling me to finish it. I shook my head, throwing down my weapons.

"I'm done fighting!" I shouted, turning to Octavia, "I won't kill him."

She rose and her eyes were narrow; locked onto mine.

"They fight again tomorrow." She ordered, "Against each other."

***

The door buzzed and Octavia entered the room.

"The crowd was on your side until you showed weakness." She scolded.

"Like love, right?" I snapped back, clenching my jaw.

"I don't need a lesson on life, Aiden. I'm giving you another chance to tell me what really happened. You're not guilty."

"Well, so am I then." I pleaded, placing my hand gently onto her cheek, "We could have another chance, Octavia. We can fix this..."

"Who took it, Aiden." She growled, moving away from my hand.

"I won't fight. You'll have to watch me die..."

I saw her jaw clench. It was small, but it was noticeable. "Then so be it."

Without another word, or any hesitation, she left me... again. I watched her as she faded down the hallway and Kane joined me once again.

"You have to do it, Aiden." He started, taking a hold of my shoulders.

"I should have done a lot of things... but none of it matters anymore." I scoffed, nudging him off. "I was fooling myself into thinking I was enough to get her back. My own mother would rather swallow the next pill, and who knows if Clarke is even alive."

"Aiden, please, I beg you. Do not give up on whatever hope is left. My sacrifice will save you, and Abby."

"Hope?" I chuckled, finally realizing how far we have fallen, "Hope is weakness."

***

"Be the last!" Gaia shouted, and the crowd erupted.

As expected, I stood still. My eyes were locked onto Octavia's, only looking at Kane after a moment.

"I won't fight!" I shouted.

I noticed Octavia had gotten up from her throne, and I turned to Kane yet again.

"I'm sorry, but I won't do this!"

"You are Wonkru, or you are the enemy of Wonkru. Choose." Octavia growled.

I shook my head, "I already have."

She took a breath and snatched her sword. As she turned back to me, she had a glare that I hadn't seen before. She sent a kick through my chest and I was knocked to the ground.

"It isn't too late." I sighed, reaching my hand out to her... one last time.

She looked from me, up to the rest of the crowd, and back to me. "For you it is."

She rose her sword, and just as she was about to end it all... it felt as though the bunker was shaking. The ceiling began to come down in rocks as light finally came through. We were forced back into our cells, not knowing what was breaking into the bunker. I didn't hope for Clarke, or Bellamy... they were probably dead. It was more than likely some new threat that we would now have to deal with.

My thoughts ended when Indra entered my cell, her face stern. I tried to read her look, but I couldn't.

"Is it over?" I sighed.

She said nothing, but looked back to the door. When she walked in, I instantly felt a pain in my chest and a burn in my eyes. I was overcome with joy and happiness that I couldn't hold back the tears any longer.

"Cl--Clarke?" I cried.

She just smiled and nodded her head, trying to hold in her own tears. I let a smile grown onto my face and engulfed her into a hug. I closed my eyes, making sure that this was real and she was here. Her hug tightened and I knew it was.

"But how?" I asked.

"We don't have time." Indra ordered.

"What happens to me? Once we're up..." I sighed.

"I'll get you up there, then the rest is up to you."

Clarke looked back into my eyes and smiled softly, "Let's get out of here first, okay? Then we can talk."

I immerged back onto the ground, being blinded by the sunlight. Once my eyes finally adjusted I was able to look around and observe. Polis was covered in ruble, and only part of the tower remained. I climbed my way down and joined Abby and Clarke once again. We exchanged smiles and had a complete family hug after so long apart.

***

"What're you doing?" Bellamy questioned, "One call from me--"

"Make your call."

"Raven... come in."

"Raven's alive..." I whispered, "All of them?"

Clarke nodded in response and one of their men started to scream. He aimed his gun at Octavia and as though on instinct I ran in her direction and tackled her just before it hit her. The after affect caused her to look around, unsure of where she was. I took her into my arms and kept caressing her face.

"Octavia!" I said, "Come on, focus!"

She finally made eye contact and nodded. So, I lifted her up with an arm over my shoulders. We made our way through the street until Bellamy stood beside us.

"I trusted you." Octavia hissed, "This is your fault."

"Octavia... he got us out of there." I sighed.

She pushed me away from her and took hold of Indra instead, "This is your fault, too."