FOD Chap 13.1: Back to the Beginning

Start from the beginning

The Marshal waved his hand, his expression gloomy, "This program has disappeared."

Zhou Yun Sheng turned rigid as he sat up, almost falling off the hospital bed, he barely managed to suppress his rattled emotions and ask, "Disappeared? What do you mean?"

"We were very excited after the program started to work, we watched the progress bar rise from 0 to 60% and all thought the Queen would soon be destroyed. But the Queen somehow found out about the program and ordered the mecha forces to invade our computer room and smash the computers that started the program. When the computer room was rebuilt, we discovered that the program had disappeared, and we couldn't find it in any of the repositories."

Zhou Yun Sheng clenched a fist, he asked in a heavy voice, "What happened to the Queen?"

"The Queen also vanished, but we think it's just hiding. The mechs and starships are still protecting the computer room where its terminal and source code are located."

Zhou Yun Sheng unclenched his fist and glanced at the four bloody crescents left by his fingernails, he said, "I need a virtua helmet, I'll enter the Star Network and help you find the program."

The Marshal was overjoyed, but before he could thank him the boy said, "But I have some conditions, you have to cancel my previous arrest warrants, give me a legal identity and a lot of money." If he could bring back his lover, he certainly needed to plan for their future life.

"Of course, as it should be, we already have a contract ready, here." The Marshal took out paper documents and a pen. Without personal terminals, they could only use these ancient things.

Zhou Yun Sheng took only half a minute to read the thick stack of documents, then signed his name.

The Marshal immediately took him to the military's secret base and gave him a sensory helmet to connect with the Star Network. Everyone stared at him, like watching a martyr. Who didn't know that if he went back to sleep, he might not be able to wake up again.

But Zhou Yun Sheng didn't immediately put it on, instead, he opened up his own toolbox, modifying the helmet. In Grand Heaven World, 007 had been destroyed, so he now needed a similar assistive tool like 007 which would help him retrieve a wide range of programs in the Star Network's database and find his lover as soon as possible. Fortunately, last time he'd had the foresight to quietly put a thread of his soul into his lover's spirit, he should be able to sense his presence.

After a few days of hard work, the helmet was completely modified, he'd built in a number of firewalls to avoid being detected by the Queen. Then he put on the helmet and laid down in the restoration bay.

When he opened his eyes again, he was sitting at a large conference table, surrounded by many professionally dressed people. On the opposite wall was a huge LED screen, which was playing some 3D animation. To Zhou Yun Sheng's eyes, these pictures could only be described with one word – shoddy, but the people around him were fascinated, only his face wasn't showing an astonished expression.

The animation finished, and a woman wearing a blue suit, her appearance pure and pleasant, walked onto the podium and gave a detailed presentation of the images pasted on the display board. The images were of people and scenery, fantasy style, colorful, it could be called splendid and magnificent.

As she explained in a step-by-step manner, the present elite all smiled, there were even a few who couldn't help letting out sounds of appreciation.

Sitting in the head position, Zhou Yun Sheng stared at the woman's face, his mind constantly circulating the sentence "What the fuck!". Who's going to tell him why he'd returned to the world where the Lord God had given him his first task while he was under its control? That woman was the world's goddess, his former "Madly pursued sweetheart", even if she turned into ashes, he would still recognize her.