Truth to Power

Author's note: What happened to Danica? Let's find out...

______________________________________________________

Danica:

When my blindfold came off, my claws came out.

Unfortunately, my gag was also on so I couldn't bite the assailant as well.

"Hey, hey, hey, OW! Down Bessy!", I heard coming from my side and I turned to face him...the guy who had kidnapped me and taken me away from my family.

Oh, it was on!!

"Please...hear me out!", he yelled as I stood up from my chair and started hurtling objects at him.

I couldn't really see him in the darkness, but I liked to call him a coward. Taking a girl like that after she's just been cursed! Is he out of his mind or what?

Running around the room, I tried to blindly chase him without assistance and heard crashes coming from in front of me. Was the coward trying to evade me?

There was no escape from this princess! He would pay!

"Wait, wait, wait, please...I had a reason to kidnap you...wait, are you going to try to hit me because I said that?"

I grabbed a roundish object that I inferred was a vase and was about to throw it when the lights turned on.

I could see! But would he be able to see me now that I was invisible?

"I can still see you...at least I can view your outline. Its dim, but visible."

His comment stopped me in my tracks until my anger at him returned.

"You...took...me...from...my...family", I said as I got ever so close to him and threw the vase.

Unfortunately, I missed. I wished I had been able to practice my pitch when I was younger.

"Man, I regret this already." Good, he was showing remorse. When I was done with him, he was going to wish he never been born!

"I know you're probably not happy with me...upset actually, but...I did this for your protection.", he told me.

"MY WHAT?", I shrieked at him and started towards him.

A magic zap later and I found myself paralyzed to one spot. Great, this man has magic.

"Whatever you want with me, you're not going to get it!"

"You don't understand...", he answered.

"What don't I comprehend you maniac! You're a crazy would-be perverted rapist!", I replied.

"I DON'T WANT YOU!" He calmed down then. "What I mean is that I don't want to be married to you, hopefully, the same way you don't want to marry me."

I had an epiphany.

"You're the fairy prince?", I asked.

He sighed. "Unfortunately, yes."

"Then show yourself!" This whole time, this prince had been lurking in the shadows, hiding like the coward he was.

"Alright. Promise you won't hurt me or impale me on a rock?", he inquired.

"Fine.", I tensed as he stepped forward.

As his face presented itself, I gasped.

"Amir?" The fairy prince I had been arranged to marry was a classmate of mine? Weird how the world works right?

"You...", I glared at him.

"Remember your oath. Now, can I tell you why I brought you here to this...dragon cave?"

"Dragons exist?"

"For a second there, I forgot you were a human princess. I'm human too-half-human in fact. The half-fairy part is what...you don't care about that, do you?"

I was still so shocked that his words flew right over my head.

"Anyway, I defeated the dragon that guarded this cave. He was a guardian of one of the routes between the fairy realm and the human world. However, he apparently did not his job very well and liked to eat those who came through here."

I noticed that he nervously rubbed his forehead while saying his spiel about the psycho dragon.

As I stood there listening, I thought that maybe if I stayed quiet enough he would let me go.

"I slew the dragon and became a hero. Though, my parents don't know of course. Fairies don't dwell in other species' matters...even if it puts people at risk."

His face fell and I almost felt sympathy for him. My pity disappeared when I reminded myself he was the reason I was in this situation in the first place.

"Could you maybe tell me WHY I'M HERE?"

"Right. The thing is Danica..."

"You know who I am?"

"Yes, you're the girl that defended the blind b...boy.", he caught himself before I threw my shoes at him. Smart boy.

"I don't want to get married, or be king for that matter. My parents got to be married even though my father is a human. They're hypocrites really, my mother gave up the throne to be with him and she doesn't understand that I don't want to be wed right now! I'm a high school student! I just want to relax and have fun, not be married to a spoiled princess."

"I'm not spoiled!", I objected.

"I know that! But I want to marry for love! I bet you do too! What they're doing is not fair!"

"This has nothing to do with me though.", I responded.

"Yes, it does! As long as you're hidden, the fairies can't find you. Curse or not, they will not pause an arranged royal marriage if they can help it. They probably hope we will fall in love and true love kiss..."

"They're wrong!", I was adamant on not marrying anyone I did not love.

"I know that, but what am I supposed to do? What would you have done in my place?"

He waved his hands around to illustrate his point.

"You could contact my parents..."

"They have an obligation to their kingdom.", he reasoned. He was right, I would be putting my mom in danger.

"What about Aunt Fleur? My godmother can surely help!"

"You have her number?"

"I don't have my phone with me..."

"Tell you what, I'll try to find her...drat, my father is outside my door!"

"What?"

"I have this watch that works in the human world and at the gateways that shows me the feed from my cameras because technology does not work...never mind."

I watched as sparks flew from his fingers and he shrank to fairy size.

And just like that, he flew.

__________________________

Author's note: Did anyone get the Peter Pan Reference?