Prologue: Ordinary Human

Being invisible stinks.

It means you cannot go outside, attend school or do anything that could cause a normal person to be like "whoo, there is a ghost!" Sometimes, I wished I was a ghost so that I could fly around and avoid those people.

The thing is I used to be normal until that witch messed it up.

My Aunt Fleur tells me its overrated to be normal, but she can be seen by others, I can't.

There was this one time when I sneaked from the castle and ate an ice cream cone by myself. A lot of tourists started screaming their bloody heads off that a spirit was holding a disappearing ice cream cone. Unfortunately, I decided to set them straight and they came at me with golf clubs saying, "Piss off, ghost!". That last incident was kind of funny, actually.

As I have been invisible my whole life, I have missed out on a lot of things that girls take for granted. Here is a list:

Sleepovers? -No way.

Going out to movies? -Floating popcorn, anyone?

Eating ice cream-Already tried.

School-Nope. Homeschooled.

Walking in the park-Only at night.

Singing in a choir-Could be heard. Wouldn't want that!

Visiting relatives-Solved by the words, "I'm dead."

Going to parties-Again, floating drinks, anyone?

I think now you get the point. When no one except your parents and a crazy aunt know you exist, you might as well be Penelope with a cute pig-like nose, stuck inside a castle.

At least she got a boyfriend, speaking of which...

Boyfriends-Zero. Nada.

If I was an actual ghost, I would be able to I don't know, fly wherever I wanted to and according to some stories I've been reading, fall in love with a human boy. Unfortunately, I'm just a cursed princess. You know, what's funny is that the witch who cursed me said these last words as she headed out the door before security got to her,

"I'll bet she'll have fun being beautiful without anyone noticing her."

I think I really despise that woman for what she did to me, when all she had to do was take it out on my parents. Then again, if I was a normal girl and not a princess, the witch would have never cursed me.

It all started at the scene of my baptism or so Aunt Fleur told me.

"Are you even a teensy bit sorry for what you did to me and my family??"

"Excuse me, ma'm. We have no idea what you're talking about.", the guards answered her while the captain of the guard began retrieving his sword out of his scabbard.

"For the shaming of my family for practicing witchcraft!" the witch crowed to the polite servant of the family as my aunt recalled.

"What is she saying?", a guard whispered as the room erupted into chaos at the thought of a witch being in the premises. Witches were always bad news for royals.

"Have you ever felt invisible? Like no else sees you? Did you even think of giving me, a commoner, an invitation when everyone else got to come?!!!!" the witch yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Wait, is she even a part of the kingdom?", a cook asked, right before she was turned into a toad.

The kitchen maid shrieked and dropped her knife. Unfortunately for the cook, the poor girl was terrified of toads due to a traumatic childhood experience.

"No. Well here's my gift to your daughter...She will be invisible to all for the rest of her life!", the slimy witch screeched as her curse took hold on my tiny baby body.

Lightning cracked, the wind howled and the castle shook as thunder penetrated the inner sanctum of the royal family.

"It's too late to apologize now! See your daughter suffer for your grievous actions!", the witch cackled after saying that.

The king and queen (my parents) finally spoke out against this and cried out in protest.

"Alright then, when the person who loves her sees her as she truly is, the curse will be broken.", the witch uttered before being hauled away by the guards, never to be seen again.

And that is how I came to be cursed. Sleeping Beauty much, I wish. More like Never-Before Seen Beauty.

Boy do I wish I was normal.