Let's Hurt Tonight

Author's note: To the rescue!

__________________________________________________

Anthony:

"Where do you think the witch could be at?", I inquired from Aunt Fleur.

"Hmm. Let me think...there's an abandoned cottage in a haunted wood we could visit? It seems like the perfect lair for a witch of that caliber.", she stated.

"Seems legit", Trey answered.

"Since when are you so chill with this?", I asked him.

"Dude, I was joking. I think this whole thing, trying to rescue your wannabe-girlfriend from a witch who just happens to be marrying a fairy prince because she's a princess is too unreal to be anything but a dream, right? I must be losing my mind hearing you two speak!", Trey yelled.

So much for calm under pressure. Maybe I shouldn't bring him along with me on this quest.

However, if my dad find out about this, he would freak. I needed someone to stay behind and take care that he not know I went to an extremely dangerous place to rescue Danica.

"Bro, I hope that you can please chill out."

"no, no...No, I am not going to be sitting on my hands as you go off on an adventure! I'm coming too even though I think this a horrible idea and if fairies do exist, they will probably try to kill you on sight for taking Danica away from them.", Trey replied.

"I knew that you were on board this whole time. Let's go!", I patted him on the back as Trey and I headed out.

Suddenly, Aunt Fleur whistled.

"Gentleman, the woods are in the opposite direction of where y'all are going. And I'm the one that knows the way."

She made an excellent point, we would need a navigator to lead the way.

"As Trey has volunteered to be your squire, noble knight. I have one last thing to ask. Who's going to keep your father busy while you interrogate the witch?", she asked me.

Rats, if my dad found out about this, he would freak. I needed someone to stay behind and take care that he not know I went to an extremely dangerous place to rescue Danica.

"Don't worry. I'll just use a spell on you and lead you right to it. Let me deal with your father. I'm Danica's godmother and will do anything to make sure you succeed on your mission to save her.", Aunt Fleur proclaimed.

I smiled and reached out for her hand. We shook hands and Trey took my hand, waiting for the spell.

"What if it doesn't work?", he whispered back to me. "I mean magic doesn't exist, does it?"

"We're about to find out.", I teased.

Translationem in pythonissam!, she chanted repeatedly as Trey told me he saw a large white cloud loom over her.

"Witches speak Latin?", Trey squeaked, excited that his fantasy book reading had paid off.

"Not all of us, I use it because it sounds cooler!", she answered back.

"Finite", she shouted and I no longer felt any sensation.

In an instant, we were whisked away to another place.

Trey of course had to puke once we reached our destination.

"Trey, why did you vomit on my sneakers?", I yelled.

"Sorry, you know I get nauseous on planes. Apparently, teleporting spells aren't any different.", he responded.

I couldn't stay mad at him for long. As a knight needed a squire, I needed him to be my eyes in this foreign environment.

"Trey, can you describe where are we?"

"Oh, well we're in this huge forest with no end in sight and there's...I see smoke up ahead! It must be the cottage that she was talking about! Or it could also be a regular person who is not remotely magical at all...Better to be an optimist right?...Ok, let me take your hand now and I'll lead you to it, my prince!"

"Thank you, noble squire", we both started laughing at our newfound inside joke.

Even though we had no idea where we are and Danica was still kidnapped, our sense of camaraderie was still intact. Maybe he had been right and I had been skipping to many guys' nights to spend with Danica? It was good to have friends...and whatever me and Danica had. Hopefully, a romantic relationship if we met again and she liked me well enough.

Before I could get to doubting the thought of finding her alive, I heard Trey knock on the door several times to no response.

"Well, there's nobody here. We tried..."

"Not yet. Do you hear that?"

A ghoulish sound seemed to emanate from behind the cottage and I followed it.

"Why do I always have to come with you when you decided to do daring feats? Why can't I just stay home by myself in safety and comfort...wait, did you leave me alone Anthony?"

I found the source of the noise and stood still.

Trey exclaimed, "It's a witch lady who's smoking?"

"What do you want fellas?", she said.

"Do you happen to know where Danica, the girl you cursed, is?", I asked politely.

"That princess is no concern of mine anymore. Have you checked with her parents?", she said as Trey told me that her cigarette had vanished replaced by a single celery stick.

"Hey!!! Are any of you by chance friends of Danica's?", a voice called out in the distance.

A person landed close to us and proceeded to speak, "My name's Amir, I happen to be the fairy prince and Danica is actually safe right now. She's in my secret hideout, my man-cave so you will, and if you just come with me right now, we can go get her!"

"There are so many things wrong with what you said, but as long as we get Danica back, we'll go", I told him.

"Wait, let me check my watch first...Huh? Why is it this not working?", he exclaimed.

"Amir!", a voice came out of the watch. "I cannot believe you hid your betrothed in your man cave! We have a lot to speak about when we get home! Danica is now with us, young man!"

The watch pulsed and suddenly self-destructed.

"So much for that...my mother did not seem happy..."

I slapped that Amir on his face. What? He deserved it.

________________________________________________

Author's note: Man, that fairy ambassador is just the worst. Who thought Amir deserved to get what he got by Anthony?