vii

"What are you doing babe?"

"Hmm? oh I am writing something..."

"What for? you know that your works are shit so why bother trying?"

"But, yea I mean you know how much I love-"

"I got a better idea," he pulled the her book and ripped the whole page before throwing them on the trash can, "there you go, your work is to serve me so go to the kitchen and make a dinner. I'm hungry." he ordered while walking away.

...I get up to collect the pieces that he just dump while tears running down my cheek. It was my mom's gift, my journal book from when I was 17, when she was alive. Now just laying there lifeless..

"Wow, he is harsh."

"Ah-" she immediately close her laptop, "y-you, since when?"

Stretching his arm, he yawn, "I tried to call you several time but you were too carried away so, yea. oh and anyway, are you always like that?"

Lifting her eyebrow she ask, "like what?"

"Jumpy. You know, from the first time we met, every time I try to talk to you, you were always that jumpy."

"Well, I won't be like that if you didn't sneak up like a thief" she lied.

"Yea right" he snort but after a few seconds he stop.

Her eyes are still on him but her hands were dancing in the keyboard.

...but the weird thing is, I didn't feel awkward at all, like there is something about him that make me feel... safe?...

"Uhh, thanks for, you know, everything..."

"No problem. But as a thank you gift, you should let me ask you one question."

'I wanted to say no but it feels like I can't do that because he has been kind enough to help me not to get hit by a car, brought me to the hospital and even accompany me here so I guess, this won't hurt?' slightly she bit the inner corner of her lip before forcefully nod.

"Would you go out with me?"

She was just about to say something when he begin again, "Oh, and the answer should be 'yes'."

...or not.

______________________________

Uh Oh, did you guys feel that? I wonder what will happen next ;) Anyway, don't forget to tap on that STAR button below to vote for this story! One star means so much for me!

with love,

LITANIA ZHOU

______________________________