FOD Chapter: 3 .3

Start from the beginning

Lin Wenjie was very clever, quickly discerning the key points. So, he devoted himself to study for a few days and wrote a wonderful essay, then simultaneously sold it to many exam candidates. He did so in order to escalate the situation, so the Tian Chen Emperor would notice him.

Therefore, when the Seventh Prince came to his door, he was already wearing his best scholarly robe to warmly welcome him in.

The Seventh Prince discussed the classics with him, feeling that he was really extraordinarily educated, then he explained his purpose for visiting. Lin Wenjie's essay had already spread amongst the examiners, then spread around the imperial court, but Zhou Yun Sheng's essay had been cautiously collected by the Tian Chen Emperor, he'd also warned the examiner who'd discovered the essay to not publicize it, so people with ulterior motives couldn't perform mischief.

 As a result, the Seventh Prince only knew about Lin Wenjie's policy essay, he didn't know that there was one far more superior to it.

The two men matched essays, Lin Wenjie pretended to be fearful, 

"The original 'Zu Yong Diao' essay was actually written here, cao min is ignorant, cao min deserves death!"

The Seventh Prince quickly helped him up, explaining that his imperial father didn't blame him, but was actually continuously searching for him, wanting to order him to efficiently serve in the court. Lin Wenjie's heart was smirking in satisfaction, but he pretended to decline a few times before following the Seventh Prince to the palace.

In Qin Zheng Hall, the Tian Chen Emperor was silent, only sizing up Lin Wenjie with gloomy eyes. When Lin Wenjie's cold sweat was resembling a waterfall, he finally opened: 

"Since you say that the essay was written by you, can you recite it for me?"

Lin Wenjie composed himself, then recited the essay after a respectful 

"at your Imperial Majesty's command".

The Tian Chen Emperor's cold expression turned into contempt, followed by a little pity. If Zhou Yun Sheng's excellent essay didn't exist, the Tian Chen Emperor would've handpicked this essay as the best and brightest. But he had also been very curious about the writer of the other essay, and even planned to place him in an important position if he had good character. 

However, this person heard that there was an outstanding essay in the municipal exams and hastily rushed to the palace to claim it. Anyone could see that his egoistic heart was very heavy, and he thought very highly of himself. Compared to the free and laidback, pure and natural Shen Yi Bin, he was simply unsightly.

"Enough, this essay is good, but not good enough to impress me. You've learned well, but you're still somewhat shortsighted and hasty." 

The Tian Chen Emperor picked the well-thumbed essay off the table and handed it to a nearby attendant, 

"Gaining knowledge requires humbleness; Let him take a look at this, so he learns where he lost."

Lin Wenjie knew that something had gone wrong, he fought against his fear to take the essay and scan it, after a while, he paled.

"Young Seven, you look too." 

The Tian Chen Emperor waved his sleeves.

The Seventh Prince did according to his words, after reading, he was extremely shocked.

"Expressive, brilliant, elegant, such remarkable work, dare I ask Imperial Father which learned scholar wrote this?" 

The Seventh Prince sincerely bowed down low.