)6(

"Gerard the deal was one year! You're tempting him."
"I know, I know! Stop reminding me, I just need to think about this." Gerard rubbed his mouth while slightly shaking his head.

"Gerard, there's nothing you can do!" His witch friend stated. "The deal was one year, there's no loop hole! That's it, 365 days."

Now Gerard's forehead was in his hands, he was about to bend his knees to sit down on a detailed wooden bench.
"Please don't sit there." She held out her hand. Her little witchcraft shop was full of ancient things and the last thing she needed was Gerard coming in and braking it all.

Gerard hesitated in confusion and then rose.
"So there's nothing we can do."

"Technically no..." She was soon interrupted by Gerard suddenly jumping in.

"No, no. Not 'technically'. Yes or no?" He raised his voice.

"I-I don't know." She stuttered, suddenly intimidated by him. "There's possibility but there's no way to be sure."

Before Gerard could even begin to talk again he stopped himself and remembered that Frank had already died, and that he could do nothing to prevent that now.

"Does Frank know?" She whispered.

Gerard was silent and then looked up from behind his hair.
"No." He rubbed his chin. "I told him you found us after he'd died. He can't know we're related."

"Why not? I thought you trust..."

"Yes! I do, more than anyone in the world, but as soon as someone knows then the whole world does as well."

The witch simply looked at Gerard emotionlessly. "What now?"

"I guess..." Gerard started, and by the look on the witch's face she knew exactly what he was about to say. "We're going to have to ask Dad."