xix.

______________

REALITY.

"Hiragii! Have you finished the lineart for page 22 yet?"

"Not quite, the sketch is all over the place so I'm having a hard time finding out how to draw the lines."

"Alright, but maybe you should take a break? You've been drawing nonstop for 6 hours now..." Giseok spoke out of concern, yet Yuri fixes a weak smile, as if to tell him to not pry.

"I'm fine really, just need to distract myself. Can you bring me a cup of coffee though?" Giseok sighs as he continues his trek down the stuffy cubicle halls. He obliges to her request because he never was able to penetrate through her shatterproof exterior. She never allows anyone in, but recently, that doesn't seem to be the case.

So, if it wasn't that obvious by now, Yuri had been an emotional wreck for the past three weeks.

Although her colleagues don't know what exactly is going on with her, they could tell she was distressed judging by the all-nighters spent drawing for the comic. She has always been like this whenever something wrong happens and drawing was her sweetest escape.

Her phone lights up, and she refrains from checking her notifications a lot lately, but her eyes instinctively wander towards it, and she immediately regrets it after.

Her lockscreen was a picture of her and Jisung together.

A few weeks before all of this, they hung out in an amusement park during his day off and that certain picture was taken while they were eating burgers under a really old tree. She remembers clutching onto her abdomen from laughing too much as a sheepish Jisung was aghast beside her. They had ridden one of the scariest rollercoasters in the park and the true highlight of the ride was Jisung screaming all throughout the rocky journey. As a little apology, Yuri treated him to burgers while they sat in the secluded place, which frankly, smelled like dogshit, but they didn't want to risk getting caught.

It didn't matter anyway, at least he was physically there, at least I had him.

The circumstances might've been risky, but she would never trade that one particular day for anything else.

She squeezed her eyes shut, banging her head against the screen of her cintiq tablet as she tried to eradicate the thought of the recurring boy in her wastelandish mind

"Damn it where's my caffeine when I need it? " She grumbles, peeling her forehead off the screen and as if on cue, the door swings open to Giseok, but without a cup in hand.

Her bottom lip juts out subconsciously and she tilts her head, almost resembling a disappointed puppy. Or at least that's what she thinks she looked like, because to Giseok she looked like a grumpy secretary who hasn't gotten a week's worth of sleep.

"Coffee?"

"Actually there's someone outside who wants to treat you to coffee." Yuri's eyes widen, her eyebrows furrowing at the thought.

"Who?"

"I don't know him, go check."

"I swear to god if this is one of your stupid setups again I'm not standing up."

"Uhm excuse me not all of them were that bad, and I'm being serious the guy looked intimidating and you really need to go downstairs," he huffs, but it was obvious he really was being serious

She contemplates for a bit before getting up on her feet. She hastily combs her hair with her fingers as she makes her way to the cafe, while also rubbing her eyes to get rid off the drowsiness and dried tears.

As she arrives at the front door, she couldn't help but feel nervous. Who could it possibly be? She doesn't recall telling anyone about her real name and occupation, and she hasn't been doing anything out of the blue recently; so what exactly did she do?

She pushed the door open, only to have her heart rate spike up. Guess she didn't need caffeine after all.

"Changbin?"

_____________