Chapter 6 part 2

Kayla's POV

My heart thumped erratically inside my chest at the sight of the screen. I pressed on his name and put the phone to my ear, ringing sounds and vibrations from the phone didn't soothe my fear.

When the ringing stopped and his voice resonated from the phone, my heart beated twice as fast. By now, I was sweating in fear.

"Where are you?!"

I wasn't able to say anything as he cut me off, yelling how worried he was about me wandering in an unknown city without him. The phone call was blasted with a string of curses and him demanding where I was.

My heart thumped erratically against my chest. Was it from the fear of my boss or at the thought that he was actually worried about me?

I shook off the thought and mentally slapped myself. Having some kind of non-platonic emotions for my boss is highly against work ethics. Imagining his strong hands clenching my waist as he sucked on the valley of my breasts, giving purple hues that decorated my skin—oh God, my peaks hardened instantly at the vision of it.

"I'm on my way back to the hotel, sir," My voice was a tone lower and I blushed. Oh God, I feel like a horny teenager. I was a grown woman, for God's sake.

"Wait for me in the lobby," With that one sentence, he ended the call.

I quickly put back the phone in my bag and rushed towards the hotel as fast I could go. The man had a terrible temper, I should know. I've seen grown men coming out of his office shaking with wobbly knees. I even saw one with tears brimmed on his eyes when Christian shouted at him. Poor man.

When I finally reached the hotel's lobby, there he was pacing around. He hadn't notice me yet.

His black dress shirt fitted him perfectly, outlining his strong shoulders, broad chest and slim waist. He had the sleeves rolled up, exposing a sliver of his forearm tattoo. Hot lust shot up inside me as well as curiosity. Did he have any other tattoos? Where did he put his tattoos? How would his tattooed skin feel against mine?

Suddenly, he glanced up and our eyes locked. As cliché as it sounds, it felt like the whole world melted. There was no one besides us, just across the room. His wild, steel gray eyes pierced into my hazel one, making a shiver crawl down my spine. The emotions in his eyes were so hard, it made my breath hitch in my throat.

Then, his eyes were no longer wild. They were stormy and hard. His long legs strode powerfully to my direction and I could feel the strength of Christian Grey in every step he took towards me. This man was capable of driving my emotions to the wall.

In matter of seconds, he was right in-front of me. All pure muscle and sex appeal. He had a rough stubble which only made him sexier. He placed his hands on my shoulder and stared into my eyes. His eyebrows were furrowed and lines decorated his forehead. His pink lips were pursed as he scanned my face.

"You got me all worried, Kayla. Where were you? You're in a foreign country, damn it. What was I suppose to do if you were missing?! You could've been taken away from me, fuck!" He shook my shoulders.

"I-I'm sorry sir, but I'm fine. I just needed a breather and—"

"You're precious to me, Kayla," I tensed slightly until he continued. "To the company. I can't get to work without you beside me. From now on, I need you to inform me where are you going. I don't care if you hate it—its only appropriate for me to keep you safe during our business trip."

My shoulders sagged. Was I disappointed that my attraction-albeit uncertain- was not reciprocated? I chuckled to myself. Ofcourse not. The man could have any beautiful model in his arms and it wouldn't be some plain jane who had nothing of a background to begin with.

I shrugged off his hands and took a step back. I couldn't think rationally with this man near me. It was too close for my comfort. It felt intimate. Something I shouldn't felt at all. I knew I had to draw a line between the man in front of me and myself. This wasn't a soap opera, this is reality. Mighty Christian Grey wouldn't bat an eyelash towards me. Not romantically, of course. Not in a million years. Despite being confident about myself, there's always a sliver of anxiety slipping into my head.

"As you can see, I'm back in one piece, sir. There's nothing to worry about. I'm a grown woman and surely I can take care of myself," I declared.

Christian's eyes darkened and his large palms clenched into fists. His knuckles turned white as he stood there rigidly. I was ready to take any string of curses and scolding when he let out a sigh.

"Yes, I do know you are a grown woman. Beautiful even. I just want you to be safe. It's not safe roaming around somewhere unknown. Hell, you could be a target for my rivalries. So please, at least tell me where you're going next time,"

His tone was gentle and soothing. It was something unexpected coming from the ever brooding man. My mouth was agape at the fact that his personality changed. The man in front of me was certainly not Christian Grey that I knew. I knew Christian Grey who slaughtered every business deals he made, who had a cold demeanor and baritone. That was Christian Grey.

I had no idea who this man was. I was about to ask him something else when I accidentally blurted out.

"B-Beautiful? I certainly did not hear that from your mouth, right sir?" My eyes became big as golf balls at my question. Not only I sound stupid, I made a fool of myself for even asking that question.

"Sir, I didn't mean—I was—"

"I'm not blind, Kayla," His gray eyes trailed every inch of my curves and I felt my face get heated as well as my southern area. He took one step closer and leaned his face close to mine.

Too close.

"Every man in this room can see how beautiful you are. I'm just a lucky bastard that gets to keep you by my side," His minty breath hit my lips and I licked them instinctively. His eyes immediately caught the action and took a step back.

My boss just smirked at me and turned, leaving me in a pool of confusion.

————
hello! it's been a LONG time but i'm back! i've read your comments & i've decided to get back on writing this book!

comment if the new chapter is good & maybe i'll upload some steamy ones ;))

would you like it if i also insert some of Christian's POV? let me know in the comments too!

x