𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Start from the beginning

Taking a deep breath, she started heading for the trailer that she now called her home

Taking a deep breath, she started heading for the trailer that she now called her home. Surprising as it might seem, she lived in a trailer house as of late, with her brother.

Ever since the park closed, the Gradys had been on the move. Although he said otherwise, Owen, her brother showed no sign for settling down anywhere any soon. That he enjoyed travelling across the country with his sister and stopping at random places for awhile was evident, and to be honest, she did not hate it, either. They might settle down somewhere one day, Owen did promise it to grant her some normalcy, but for now it did not matter much to either of them.

Adjusting to this new life had not been easy. Moving to a new place, getting a new job, meeting newer people and all— when it all seemed overwhelming, the idea of settling down had been thrown out the window and Owen had been excited about this nonstop vacation as long as they could afford; after all, it was not like their salaries from working in the Jurassic World theme park were any boring amount.

To make things further interesting, Claire had joined in on their journey.  Having lived with only each other for a long time, it was something new and refreshing and gave a nice, fulfilling sense of a proper family, one thing both the siblings had lacked for years.

As soon as the familiar trailer had come into her sight, Kate paced up. Truth be told, she was famished. And while she wished to find warm breakfast served and waiting to be devoured inside, she knew better than to expect to find Owen awoke on such early hours of morning these days. So she stuck her hand in the pockets to grab the keys, and unlocked the door to help herself in.

The first thing she saw as she was about to step inside was how Claire flung herself away from Owen at sonic speed, and how her brother, too, hurled himself over the kitchen, hastily busying himself in removing a newly cooked dish from the stove to serve it on the table behind him.

A sheepish smile spread across her lips as Kate eyed the two: Owen, who refused to meet her eyes, while Claire, with an innocent smile, was awkwardly acting to comb her hair, missing to notice that it was rather her brother's hair brush.

"Uh-oh, looks like I walked into something," snickered Kate crossing her arms over her chest, and leant against the van's door.

"Not at all!" Claire chuckled dryly, ushering her hands.

"I was wondering, you know, Kate, if your brother taught you to knock?" The tone of derision was undeniable in his voice as Owen faked a glare, but even Claire now scowled at him.

"Owen!"

Whatever excuse Claire was trying to make up, Owen's comment had ruined it no doubt.

While on the other hand, Kate's grin only widened receiving contrasting reactions from them. "I can give you guys another minute, if you need," she teased, reaching for the doorknob behind her to show how she was ready to give them some privacy and Claire flushed red.