Chapter 20: Halloween Dance

Kevin's P.O.V

Evelyn's School was planning on holding a Halloween dance and since I'm leaving the day after, I thought I would ask her. I held roses, her favorite flowers, in my hand and went to her locker.

"Hey Evelyn, can I as-" I said, but was cut off by another voice.

"Evelyn, can I ask you something?" The dude ask, pushing his dirty blonde hair out of his eyes.

"Sure James," She responded, smiling, "What do you need?".

"I was wondering if you would like to go to the dance with me?" This James asked, Evelyn looking in his blue eyes.

"Of course. I would love to James," Evelyn said, hugging him. After James walked away to pack up, Evelyn turned to me. "So What did you need?" She asked me.

I looked up at her before responding, "Oh never mind. I had a question, but I solved it on my own. I'll see you later," I said walking away sadly.

Time skip and Evelyn's P.O.V

     Me, Kevin, and Justina were hanging out, messing around a having fun. Justina got up and ran to get us ice cream.

     I was getting tired, so I laid my head on Kevin's shoulder. A couple minutes later, someone walks in. James came in and smiled.

     "Evelyn," He asked, walking over and sitting next to me. I turned to him and kissed his cheek, not really wanting to have my first kiss now, "I forgot to get your number and we never planned out everything!".

"Well you can go with my friends dates, and I'll go with my friends. And besides, Arianna and Athena's dates are your friends so," I said smiling, "Anyways, I need to find out what I'm wearing so go," I laughed as he left, acting sad.

Time skip

I put on my rose gold dress and heels on before putting on my necklace and bracelet. Arianna did my hair and Athena did my makeup. "I look amazing. Thank you guys," I smiled and hugged them. Arianna fixed her hair a little before we left.

Time skip

We arrived at the dance and I smiled when I saw James. Arianna ran over to James brother, Ryland, while Athena ran over to their friend, Stan. Riley walked over to Kevin and I could tell Kevin was sad, but I didn't know why.

"You look beautiful, Eve," He said, grabbing my hand as we walked in.

"Thank you. I couldn't pick what to wear! I think when I went out shopping, I bought way to many formal outfits," I responded, laughing. James laughed as we walked in.

We put our stuff down at a table we were all going to sit at before we went to dance. We were having fun, dancing to a bunch of songs.

At one point after dinner, a slow dance came on. Me and James started to slow dance, him showing me how to. I smiled and looked over at Kevin, he was staring at me.

     He looked away quickly and turned back to Riley. I sighed and looked at James. James smiled at me as the slow dance ended.

"Hey Teacup, can we talk?" Kevin asked, walking over to me and James, "Alone?".

James nodded at me and kissed my cheek. Kevin led me outside the building and we sat on a bench.

"What's this about?" I asked, looking at him.

Kevin's breathed in then out before responding, "Tomorrow, I'm leaving to go home, as well as Justina and Trinity,".

My eyes widen as I found the right words to respond with, "Y-You can't. You can't leave me here with Riley an-". I couldn't finish my sentence, I just cried. The thought of losing Kevin again hurt me.

"Teacup, it's ok," Kevin said, hugging me. My makeup got all messed up and it got on his outfit.

After I stopped crying, I pulled away. Kevin lifted my chin and leaned in. I leaned in as well and we kissed. It wasn't very long, but it was like magic.

Time skip

     The dance ended and I said bye to James before me, Justina, Arianna, and Athena left.