Into the Abyss

My team and I met up with RWBY at the main gate. I cloaked and sprinted back to the warehouse before they noticed I was gone. I opened the warehouse to find Kane screwing around with Scorch and Viper reading a book. "Kane! Stop screwing around. You're a fire hazard!" I shouted.

He flipped me off and almost threw a firestar at my face. I sat down next to Scavenger and picked up my book. I opened it to where I last left off and started reading. My helmet started beeping rapidly and a video appeared on my visor. "Hello, young Wreckage." The mechanical voice was unmistakable.

I shot up to my feet. "Ash! How the hell did you get this network?"

"I have my ways. I would like you to come meet with me. Come with Viper and Kane. Bring your Titans as well."

"Ash, I don't know what kind of sick game you're playing, but I've had enough. Cut the bullshit and tell me what you're doing."

"I have your friends captive, young Wreckage. Meet me at the coordinates I am giving you to win them back."

"You're bluffing."

Ash shifted the camera to point at my team and team RWBY. They were bound at the wrists and locked up in a massive vault. They were surrounded by spectres that held sticks. The sticks were electrified and the spectres were shocking their captives. All I could hear were screams of agony. "Do you believe me now?" Ash questioned.

"You... you sadist! Fine, Ash. I'll play your twisted game. We'll be there. You're living on borrowed time."

Richter walked into the frame. "He will not come, Ash. Er wird wegrennen wie ein kleines Kind."

"Don't count on it, Richter. Wreckage out." I cut the comm.

"Hell was that?" Kane asked from across the room.

"It was... Ash. She's here. She and Richter have my friends captive. She says we can win them back by going to those coordinates she sent," I answered. I sent Kane and Viper the coordinates. Their helmet visors flashed, showing me that they received the coordinates.

"This place is not far. It is just outside Vale. We can make the walk with our Titans," Viper informed.

"Easy for you to say! Northstar can fly!" Kane argued.

"Both of you, shut up! We leave now! And remember, this operation follows the same unspoken rule as everything else: don't tell Ozpin. Thundercracker, Foxtrot, Wildfire: you guys are holding down the fort. I'm sorry, but you'll have to sit this one out," I said. They managed to look sad and disappointed.

I embarked Scavenger as the other Predators embarked their Titans. The hatch closed and we opened the door leading out of the warehouse. We were about exit and begin a dead sprint to the coordinates, but because nothing can go my way today, Oscar and Qrow were standing in front of the warehouse. "What, pray tell, are you doing?" Ozpin asked.

"I'm not fighting for this one, Professor. This is important, and no, Atlas cannot handle it. Teams RWBY and MMEI have been captured by an old... acquaintance of mine and we are going to save them," I said.

"No, you will not. Even though your team is your responsibility, team RWBY is not and you are a student."

"I'm also a highly trained and modified super soldier. I respect you very much, Ozpin, but you can't stop me. You will not stop me."

"I know. No matter what I say or do you and your friends will still find a way to go, so all I can do is wish you luck."

"Thank you, Professor Ozpin." Scavenger walked passed him, beckoning for Kane and Viper to follow in their Titans. Viper and Northstar flew ahead of Kane and I. Because of the stakes, I didn't care if we were seen, but night's cover mostly shielded our Titans from prying eyes. We ran for what seemed like eternity, our Titans never slowing down. We reached the coordinates given to us by Ash and our Titans skidded to a halt.