Beacon's New Team

Scavenger dropped in front of us, striking everyone with awe. The Grimm stopped momentarily, but still continued running at us. I embarked her chassis and she transferred the controls to me. We started our assault by shooting the creatures of Grimm in the front of the pack. The smoke wafting off their bodies made it hard to see. It looked like the Ursai were running through a black wall towards us. There were so many that it got to a point where we were just wasting Scavenger's ammuntion. After wasting even more ammo, I had an idea. "Scavenger, core percentage."

"LASER CORE ONLINE. READY TO FIRE." Her optic turned red.

"Fry them!"

"LASER CORE ACTIVATED."

Scavenger fired a beam from her optic, killing any and all Grimm that got in its path. It was beautiful. The others were behind Scavenger, picking off the Grimm we missed. "Scavenger, I'm getting out. Stay on auto-titan and continue the assualt," I ordered.

I opened the hatch and met up with the others. "I have a plan," I said. "I noticed the Grimm going more or less in four lines. We each need to take one. Emerald, take the far left. Mercury, take the middle left. Ilia, take the far right. I'll take the middle right. Scavenger will kill the ones we miss. Everyone understand? I'll take the sound of reloading your weapons as a yes."

We all jumped right into the fray. Emerald jumped up and shot the Ursai, and sliced them with her blades on the way down. Mercury roundhouse kicked the air, firing mercury dust at the Ursai. He started breakdancing, firing rounds as he kicked his legs up. Using his semblance, he made the mercury dust cyclone around him. After he built up enough, it all exploded on the Grimm. Ilia used her whip to grapple over the Grimm and then electrocute them. One Beowolf tried to bite my arm. Big mistake. I fired the fire dust down its throat. It ripped through the Grimm, exploding everything around me. When the Beowolf was off me, I unsheathed a data pick and threw it into the skull of an Ursa.

A Nevermore flapped its wings and shot feathers at us. I braced myself, but Scavenger got over us and caught them in her vortex shield. She shot them back to the massive bird, killing it instantly. The onslaught was finally over.

I embarked my Titan and invited everyone else to ride on the hull. Scavenger started walking back toward Beacon Cliff, shooting any Grimm that managed to get the drop on us. Ozpin and Glynda were waitting at the cliff where they were when we were launched into the forest. Mercury and I turned in our relics to Ozpin. "Well done, students," he said.

"You are done for the day. You may go do what you want. The other students will be returning then. You will find out your team leader tomorrow at the ceremony," Glynda informed.

We continued to walk toward Beacon, leaving the teachers behind.

—-

Mercury, Emerald, and Ilia went to our dorm room while I went to the warehouse with Scavenger. I did some minimal repairs and gave her a fresh coat of paint.

 I did some minimal repairs and gave her a fresh coat of paint