His eyes zeroed at me, "Who asked you?"

"Don't fight. Fucking bitchsquealers." Justin unbuckled his seatbelt and I burst out laughing. When I was reading Will Grayson Will Grayson, I told Justin about this word. Just as I had assumed, he liked it and now uses it pretty frequently. Couldn't be anymore proud of myself. Totally.

We piled out of the car. We weren't at the richest part of town. This place was shabby, like if downtown had a downtown, this would be it. We don't dare coming here after the sunsets. Florida's speciality, all those mugs crawl out at night. And me? I love my life.

"Which one of you wants to get kidnapped?" Shawn joked. Justin and I replied in unison, "Shut up"

"Jesus, you two are two crude animals. With no heart or anything. I'm just a newbie here if you forgot. What did I ever do wrong, huh?"

Justin and I didn't pay him much attention. We took another right turn and came across this shabby looking hut. This place looked like, if you step a foot in there once, you'll never make it out alive. But inside that house, lives Jerry. The kindest man we know. Sort of.

"I'm not getting in there." I heard Shawn. Cue to the eye roll.

"What a chicken." I comment.

"It isn't wrong to care for yourself. Look at this place."

Justin and I turn to face him, "Shut up."

Justin reaches out for the door and pushes it slightly. You couldn't imagine having a knob to this door. The familiar voice of puppies bark rang in my ears. Shoving Justin to side, I barged in like a madwoman, "Pluto! Grayson!"

Then I saw them. The two angels making their way to me. One of them ran straight into a lamppost, but the other made it. I crouch down smiling as he started barking happily. He was indeed happy. His tail wouldn't stop wiggling. I held his face with my hands, feeling his soft fur. "Lemme guess, Pluto?"

He barked and I smiled too. Then I checked the name tag on his collar. He was indeed Pluto. God only knows, they get dramatic when I say the name wrong. By the time I was done with Pluto, Grayson had recovered and made it to me.

"Oh Grayson! Did it hurt baby?"

He just barks and tries to lick me. I hoist them on my lap. I'm the happiest with them, without a doubt. On the other side Justin was tackled to the ground by five or six brown puppies. The same wiggle of the tale, same barking and licking. Just how we like it.

"What the hell?" Shawn asked. I turned around. "It's Jerry's place. He finds miserable puppies and gives them shelter." The puppies who had tackled Justin, their mother, as we like to call her Emmy was certainly not happy to see Shawn there. When she started barking at him, all her children came beside her and started barking. Shawn looked completely freaked out. What a sight to behold.

"Umm..guys? Help?" He said nervously.

"Dogs are harmless. What could they do?" He looked at me as if I told him earth is flat. "They cause diphtheria!" He shrieked out. I wanted to laugh.

"Cats cause diphtheria." I corrected. 

The door to hit creaked open. "You two again?" I hear a very familiar voice.

Justin cleared his throat, "Three actually. We brought pizza."

Walked in the balding Jerry, facial hair covering up most of his not so attractive face. His clothes were like rags, it smelled. But it's not like he would ever accept our help. All the doggies started barking really loudly when they saw him.

The Death Of Me ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara