"What do you mean by using you?" Thomas frowned. He'd already forgotten about Teresa. Curiosity consumed him. Newt story was one and the only thing he wanted.

"They found you as the best candidate for their imaginative cure, Tommy. They knew you wouldn't agree to help them built the cure. So, there I was. No wonder they knew Minho and me were close enough with you. They decided to use me because ... Of Lizzy."

Thomas had a second to think. The cure. Best friend. And ... Lizzy. His forehead creased once again, but disappeared soon. He though he knew the answer.

"How could you remember?" Minho was the one who asked. He raised his eyebrows.  "Don't tell me they returned your memories."

"The changing," Gally mumbled.

"Brings back memory," Thomas  added, a bit whispered.

Newt nodded, giving them confirmation. "You got the point."

"So, you already remembered me when we were in ... Before Johnson gave announcement, big brother?"

"Yeah." Once again, Newt nodded. "I remembered a few things though the memories have faded away. I remembered you, Gally. Almost didn't believe knowing we were best friend before the Maze trial." Newt let out a small smile. "No wonder you're here now, with us."

Gally didn't show any expression, just flat.

"The most important thing is I'd never forget who you are, once I got some flashes memories about you, Lizzy." Newt continued. "WICKED knew, I'd try hard to keep a small piece of my memories. That was the reason they chose me. They absolutely knew Lizzy was the one I'll sacrifice myself for, besides you." Newt looked at Thomas, then Minho to explain his last two words.

"It was shuck!" Minho spat. "I want to break their neck right now." He clenched his hand into a fist. His face hardened and reddened. He had no doubt to do that.

"I know you're gonna do that." Newt widened his lip a little, curving a little smile.

"How did exactly they use you?" Thomas asked, curiously. Though he got some clues, he didn't get the conclusion yet based on some pieces of the story.

"I'm going to tell you." Newt took a deep inhale. "Rat man. He told me I wasn't immune before he gave that announcement in front of us."

"But ..."

Newt nodded to Sonya, motioning whatever she was about to say, she was right. Thomas exchanged glares with Minho who seemingly had some questions, just like him. But, he didn't let out a word from him because he knew Newt would gave him the answer very soon.

"They wanted me to ask you to volunteer yourself in order to help WICKED finding a cure. With the Flare in my brain, you knew that I need the cure so desperately. They hopped, you would softened if I became one of the person you bet for." Newt paused. "I wouldn't do that That silly thing. Since I had known I infected the Flare, life was the last thing I wanted."

"It was shuck!" Minho scowled, repeating his words several minutes earlier. Furry burnt his face. Thomas knew the reason. WICKED did too much to Newt.

"The best words you can say." Newt said.

"You really didn't do that." Thomas muttered, to loud to be heard only by himself.

"Yeah. For me, I didn't have a choice. Lizzy's my sister. I didn't want something bad happened to Lizzy. On the other side, after everything we've been through, you're family either, Tommy. It was impossible to sacrifice you for WICKED." Newt stopped.

Thomas stayed silent. He couldn't imagine how to be Newt at that time. He knew fear was one of some emotion that Newt felt. It was high level of fear. Newt didn't even care about his fear though. He seemingly didn't give a damn about the Flare, but Sonya and him were what Newt thought of. How selfless!