Chapter 12

Ross's POV

I saw Joann give a kiss on Kayla's head and run out crying but I stayed and sat next to her. I felt something I never felt with her. I get a call and it's from Rock.

Rocky: Ross! We have to go! We have one last concert in Ohio! Come on! We have to head back! Like now! Say your goodbyes!

Ross: Are you kidding! Rock! She's depending on me to be here! I can't--

Rocky: Ross! We can come back on our way to North Carolina! Just not now! Really Ross! You're the lead singer! 

Ross: But we can't even go anywhere! Our tour bus is 8 hours away! 

Rocky: We'll take Jojo's car!

I couldn't leave Kayla! She was a good friend. Now I had to leave her, to go sing for a bunch of other girls. I didn't want the love from them even though it was great, I just wanted to be with Kayla. I hung up on Rocky, and the doctor walked in. He said she wouldn't be awake for awhile. The predicament was just getting worse. I couldn't deal with the anxiety. I gave her a kiss and left. Joann and I left for the car. While we were inside the car, I told her, "Joann. Even though these times are tough I know things will brighten up." 

We drove to the hotel and then Riker told us to say our goodbyes. We all gave Joann a hug and wished her the best with Kayla. I knew I was coming the next week to take care of Kayla. But I just couldn't wait. She was like the bestest friend I had. 

I just felt...

Lost.