“And you want to keep listening to music tonight?” I asked.

“Why not?” He countered with a smile, his hand softly touching mine before he held it. I looked down and stared at our touching skin, the way my hand was smaller and paler than his.

“Fine…” I murmured, looking up to meet his eyes. “A few more songs.” I agreed, mostly because I also didn’t want the night to end. This was the best date I had been in a while and it was hard to find somebody who shared your music taste.

With a triumphant grin he guided me back to his bedroom and not once did I feel awkward or scared of his intentions. I could see his excitement and passion towards music sparkling in his eyes.

I sat on the edge of the unmade bed as he plugged his phone into the speakers and came back and laid down next to me, padding the space next to him. I slowly laid down as well, my hands laying softly on my stomach as music began playing around us in the room.

We stayed up most of the night talking about music, gigs we had been to and who we still wished to see live. He told me about his music inspirations, how he had gotten into drumming and joined the band with the other boys.

In return I told him about how I got into writing and how I used music whenever I needed inspiration. I told him about Washington, about school about why I had chosen New York as the next step in my life. It was so easy to talk to him that the hours passed by us without us even noticing. He was lying on his back and I was lying on my stomach, our eyes meeting every few minutes.

As time passed his voice got lower, every word coming slower. The music had stopped playing a long time ago, neither of us wanting to move from where we lay.

“It’s getting late…” I murmured softly when I noticed his eyes already starting to close, my own eyes drooping as sleep threatened to come.

“One more song.” Ashton begged quietly, reaching over for his phone sitting in the nightstand before he began scrolling through it. I closed my eyes for a moment, waiting for the music to begin but before I knew it I was already drifting off into sleep easily.

****

“Time to get up Ashton!” A deep male voice said as the room door opened and closed. I buried myself deeper into the pillows, sliding the covers over my head.

“Come on mate, get up!” The voice tried again, the bed shifting underneath me before I felt arms wrap around me. My eyes flying open but I was too scared to move or say anything. “Wakey, wakey Ash!” He murmured as he squeezed. I heard another door open and close before I heard his laughter.

“Hey Calum? I’m over here.” Ashton murmured; I could feel the boy who was hugging me stiffen before he sat down in a hurry and pulled down the covers. Dark brown eyes meeting my own. I could hear Ashton laughing harder as Calum jumped out of bed apologizing.

I sat down on the bed to see Ashton standing there in his dark jeans, a clean shirt in his hand; his face red from laughing.

“You could have told me you weren’t alone!” Calum accused, glaring at Ashton.

“And miss this? Nah, this was better.” He told his friend before he slipped on his t-shirt before the door opened again.

“What’s going on?” One of the boys I had seen on that first day in the lobby asked as he walked in.

“Calum was cuddling a stranger.” Ashton said, getting a huff from Cal.

“I thought it was you…” Calum murmured as everyone’s eyes in the room moved towards me. I could feel my cheeks growing hot with embarrassment.