Chapter 9: Vlad's secret

Start from the beginning

"What did you pick?"

"Look at the cover." Nino did and was generally shock by what he saw. It was the Miraculous box design on the cover and some language he couldn't read. "It looks like it's connected to our world. Maybe we can learn more about our own world."

"Yeah," Nino opened the book and saw pictures of the Miraculous and past wielders with the strange language wrapped around them. "There's pictures of everyone's Miraculous right here. Even the original Moth Miraculous and Peacock Miraculous wielders. Before they were used for evil."

"And look! Every Miraculous jewelry has the ability to change forms. Ice, water, earth, maybe even fire!"

"Yeah but they taste horrible! No shape of cheese can make me eat that poor excuse called food." Plagg complained.

"You're just saying that because you hate transforming."

"Have you tried?!"

"You're just complaining about nothing."

"Stay out of it Wayzz! You actually like that junk!"

"Quiet you two. We don't want to cause any trouble."

"Speak for yourself, Adrien. I'm all about trouble!" Plagg flew up to the shelf and phased into it. Three seconds later, all the books fell on top of Adrien and Nino. Plagg laughed and flew around the boy's head. "That's what I'm talking about!"

"Plagg!"

Nino and Adrien stood up and started to pick up all the books before any of the volunteers saw them and assume it was them that made the mess. Nino was picking up multiple books before he saw one book that really caught his attention. A black book with a purple smiley face with fangs. Something about this seems familiar and Nino wanted it.

"Hey, Adrien."

"Yeah, Nino?"

"Don't put this book away. I want to read it. Something about it seems familiar."

Nino and Adrien set the black book down and tried to open it. Keyword tried. The book was seal shut.

"Why won't it open?" Nino said as he pulled on the covers to open.

"Maybe we should have a password to open it?"

"Maybe we can open it at a certain time of day?"

"Maybe it's not for everyone to read. We should put this back."

"You two should." Nino and Adrien jumped and turn around to see Gwen and Kai standing there with books in their hands. "Vlad wouldn't want you two reading that book."

"Why not? It's just a book."

"It's about Vlad and maybe his world," Kai said as she took the book away. "But he doesn't want anyone to read it. He even had someone magically seal it in case someone tried to read it."

"But why would he do that?"

"He's not really proud of where he's from," Gwen said as Kai put the book away.

"Is there a way to open it?"

"Only the person who sealed it can remove it. And I'm pretty sure Vlad doesn't want that."

Nino was starting to get frustrated about this conversation. "What's so bad about Vlad's world that he wouldn't want anyone to know?"

"Not the world itself. Just the people who live there."

"Then do you know anything about Vlad?!"

"We know just as much as you guys. Vlad doesn't share a lot about himself and that's fine. When he's ready, he'll tell us." Kai said before disappearing behind the bookshelves.