Part 2

NATASHA

We land outside Clint's house and I run in as Thor and Rocket hang back.
'Clint?' I shout, knocking the door back. 'Clint?!' I stop as I see him on the floor, arms around Lila. He turns towards me, a manic look in his eyes.
'They went. Laura and Cooper and Nathan. They just disappeared. A couple of minutes ago.'
'Oh god, Clint.' I drop beside him and start to cry as I see Lila sobbing into her fathers shirt. 'Thanos won. He got rid of half the population.'
'No.' He says. 'No. No they were just here. They can't. No. Scott and I, we just, He...'
'Scott was here?' I ask, confused.
'And his girlfriend. There was a fight and we won, they just drove off.'
'I'll be right back.' I run outside to see Thor and Rocket sitting slightly apart on Clint's front steps.
'Thor! Scott left a while back, should still be close. Look for him, there should be a girl too.'
I run back inside and Clint has stood up and holds Lila in his arms.
'I guess this is as good as time as any to get out of retirement.' He says.
'We'll get them back, I promise you.' I say, taking his hand and giving it a light squeeze.
Thor comes into the house, 'There was a car but it was empty. Only car for miles. This house is in the middle of nowhere. Hi Clint.'
'Thor.' Clint says, nodding towards him.
'This is Lila, if I remember correctly.' Thor continues, 'You have grown strong, you will replace your father in no time.' Lila gives a small, involuntary laugh, and hides in her fathers shoulder again.
Clint gives the briefest smile to Thor, showing his gratitude for making Lila laugh for however long. 'I'm assuming you can't carry all of us.' Clint says, following Thor out the door.
'Two is my maximum. Besides it would not be safe for someone so young to travel as I do.' Thor says, indicating Lila.
'We can take the ship.' I say, taking the keys from the table. 'You go ahead with Rocket, find Pepper, make sure she's okay. Call Fury. We'll be at the compound in an hour or so.' Thor nods and takes Rocket by the scruff of his neck and shoots up into the sky.
'Alright.' Clint says, 'we're going to get my family back.'
'Do you promise?' Lila asks, muffled from speaking into her dad's shirt.
'I promise.' He says.