C O U R A G E

Ok so I accidentally published this earlier without it being finished, so this is the finished product. If you want you can skip to the part you last read❤️❤️

Finn's POV
I'm finally being discharged out of this hellhole. It's not that I hate hospitals, I just hate the isolation really and the fact I'm all cooped up in here while guys could be asking Millie out, or worse Romeo could be tormenting her, if he is I don't care I will die if that's what it takes for him to back off...forever.

"Alright Mr. Wolfhard you're free to go, just remember to change your bandages on your stomach everyday. Also thank your parents for me their such nice people phoning to check in on you." Dr Reiser smiles, gushing about my parents

"Yeah I'll tell them!" I shout before leaving. But I won't tell them because they are on the other side of the world on a business trip, more like a vacation just to get away from me.

Millie came by earlier with the keys to my mustang, she told me she drove the car over here so I can ride myself home when I get released. How nice

I climb into the car and start the engine. I look at the time and it reads 2:30pm. I'll give Millie a lift home from school.

-
I pull up into the school parking lot and park the car. I get out and lean against the side of it. I look down to my watch and it reads 3:19pm, one more minute of school.

Suddenly the bell rings to signal the conclusion of the school day. I look at the exit doors of the school and see Millie walking out, being followed by Joey Birlem.

I catch her eye and she has a pleading look in them.

I walk up to the two of them and clear my throat, grabbing both of their attention.

"Hey Millie, you said you needed a lift to your house." I smile looking at the man whore.

"Oh I'll give her a lift." He smiles wrapping his arm around her waist

Millie immediately sees the anger in my eyes, she tries to calm me down by smiling reassuringly

"Look dude I'm going to ask nicely that you let go of her and let me take her homes." I clench my bruised fist, which he notices.

"Yeah man, you uh take her home." He stutters out letting go of his grip on her waist.

He walks away quickly, my eyes are still stuck on him as he race walks away.

"Thank you." She hugs me tight making me wince in pain because of the cuts on my stomach

"Uh mills the stomach." I breathe out making her jump away

"I'm so sorry, I uh forgot." She smiles shyly making my heart melt

"It's fine." I smile stuffing my hands in the pockets of my jeans, looking at her lips for a second before redirecting my gaze to her golden brown eyes

"Do you want a ride?" I ask while smiling

"Oh my god yes please." She begs

"No problem." I smile standing up straight unlike my original position of leaning against the car. I open the passenger seat door for her which she thanks.

"Rough day of school?" I smirk while climbing into the drivers seat.

"You would not believe the amount of people that asked me out today." She groans," I know I probably sound like an obnoxious asshole for complaining about that but it really got annoying." She complains further, turning on her seat warmer because of the extremely cold conditions.