I never said goodbye.

Prologue

I can't tell if I can be without Tate. When I said I loved him I meant it. He needs me more than anything and I can't bear hurting him. After my parents died I don't speak to them much. Mom is always trying to let Nora help her with the baby and dad is always fighting with Hayden. She shot him again yesterday. They kill each other quite often. So maybe I need someone to be my everything. Tate made me happy. Now that everyone's gone I'm just depressed. Funny how you can still hurt when your dead. That last kiss we had when we chased out the last family was the last time I felt real happiness.

***********************************************************

I called Tate. I screamed in the hall for him "Tate please come talk to me. Tate are you there!?" Just then he appears near the staircase. "Are you still mad at me? Is this another disappointment?" Tate looked at me with his sweet eyes wondering what I would reply. "Tate" I say, "I love you, " and before I have time to finish my plea he steps forward and kisses my lips passionately. "I love you too violet". I playfully bite his bottom lip and he smiles to me. Oh how I miss his smile. It's so sweet and innocent. Everything about him is perfect. I don't even care how horrible he was he's changed. I love him unconditionally. He puts his hands around my waist and his forehead is pressed to mine we start to sway to the music chad is playing upstairs in what used to be Thaddeus' nursery. Just then my dad and Hayden burst through the door yelling and screaming at the other my dad grabs the machete he has in the top drawer and drills it into her neck and pulls it down her body, creating a bloody mess. Moira hates when they kill each other. I don't mind. It's funny to watch them bicker like children. Tate grabs my hand and leads me upstairs while my dad continues his stabs. Tate leads me to our bedroom. The room where he was killed and the room where I fell in love. He sits on the bed and I sit between his legs. We both fall back and begin to talk about everything and nothing. He makes me so happy. It's like he had forgotten all about the seven months of solitude between us. I run my fingers through his blonde shaggy hair. he smiles and giggles back at me. I can't remember a day when I diddnt think of him. We fall asleep with our body's entangled in a loving embrace.

When I wake up Tate is gone and I'm all alone. I make my way outside to the gazebo. It's the end of August. Already hinting at fall, I lay there taking in the warm rays of sun. As I'm laying in comforting warmth chad appears above me. "What do you want ?" I scowl. "I see you and your psychopath are back in progress. What was it? is blonde hair or his bloody hands?" "chad go fuck yourself." I say calmly. Still laying in the sun. "Oh but I couldn't stand not being informed on every detail about your twisted little love story." "He's changed and your an asshole" "believe what you want violet but you can't change what's already done" chad turns around but doesn't leave. He stands still, blocking my sun. "chad you don't have to babysit me. Why don't you go wish you had a decent boyfriend for a second rather than worry about mine." "Your a bitch you know that? I'm happy you died. Because now I can kill you again and again." He turns around with a handgun and shoots me twice. Instead of cowering or cringing I stay still. I'm already dead, what does it matter? I lay whimpering at the pain of the shots, one in my shoulder, the other in my leg. Not deadly wounds just painful. I will die as soon as they bleed out and chad is too much of a coward to stay and watch. He smiles at my pain and walks away. I lay right where I was and sob wincing at every blow of the wind. Tate comes running out and holds me. "That faggot will pay for ever hurting you violet." "It's okay Tate." Tate starts to cry. "He hurt you vi. And it's killing me" I laugh "no I think I'm the one dying" I reach up and kiss him before I die.