Sixty five

Iyila felt something soft and smooth beneath her when she finally came into consciousness. But the softness of whatever she was lying on, coaxed her to sleep on. In her head, it was a dream, as the beddings on their shelter was nothing but a direct irony to the one she was one. The air too was clean, and smelled like lavender and a melange of a quite familiar manly redolence. Not like the sweat and urine infested odor of her shelter.

      A callused cold palm on her shoulder, however, hauled her out of her supposed dream. Alarmed, her eyes flew open to see a petite female negro smiling down at her with tears stained cheek. Iyila stared at her vaguely as she she tried to remember the all too familiar face. It took awhile and some blinking before she at last recognized the person to be Delia. 'Delia' she said slowly and tried to sit up but Delia offered her a hand when she noticed her struggling. Once upright and Delia seated  beside her, her hands in Delia's rough ones, Iyila scanned the room confusion in her heart. It had not been a dream after all, she was indeed in a room that bore no resemblance to her shelter. The contradiction was evident in the walls and furniture and yes the mattress, even the smell. Though she could have sworn to have been there before yet the furniture arrangement was quite different, the ambiance however resonated with her soul.

A wave of exhaustion swept through her with such intensity that the fog in her head wouldn't disappear. When she tried to remember how she had gotten there,  a wicked headache was all that came forth. Pain stricken, she held her head and locked her eyes, 'yo 'righ' Delia's concerned voice care through. 'I believe she needs more rest' another voice spoke but deep and manly. A deep baritone which she immediately recognized. Gabriel! Her heart sank. It couldn't be true let it not be!

Tensed and slightly fidgeting, Iyila's eyes remained close until she heard the sound of the door closing. Delia was gone but Gabriel was standing near the door in all majesty she last remembered. Adrenaline sprawled through her body, causing goosebumps to cover her skin. It was Gabriel!
Her heart beat accelerated as they stared at each other, a heavy silence and some few pace between them. The ugly silence pestered on until Gabriel decided to end it with the sound of his slow calculated strides towards her. She wanted to get up but her body suddenly felt paralyzed. It can't be!

She thought she was dreaming so she closed her eyes again to only open them when she felt the mattress sink down with his weight. When she finally lifted her eyes to him, she saw him studying her with those ever green piercing eyes. Silence. Thick silence reigned over them and was soon accompanied by a torturous tension. The urge to reach over and caress his subtle stub earnestly tugged  at her sleeve but for feelings she couldn't recognize, she felt restrained.
Then Gabriel as if exhausted by the tension, in a swift move she hadn't expected, came down to capture her lips. What Iyila did next as an answer to his gesture, much to even her own dismay, sent Gabriel back in shock and her, on her toes brewing with anger. A muscle contracted on the area of his cheek where she had deposited her palm which,  was by then already a dark shade of pink. 'Liya..'
'Liar!' She greeted in between her teeth and turned to storm out of the room but Gabriel in a few stride caught her by her arm before she got to the door. 'Leave me alone!' she snapped, pulling her hand violently from his grip.

Gabriel  nonetheless, stubbornly carried her up while she squirmed violently, kicking and resisting him. 'Liya....'
'No!' She cried thumping her fist into his chest.
Gabriel immediately put his hand around her mouth to cover her cries but she only bit him in response causing him to groan in pain.

'Liya!' He groaned as she continued to sink her teeth into his hand but he was undeterred. Still struggling, Gabriel managed to painstakingly carry her to the bed. But once his subtle weight was upon her Iyila couldn't do much but cry into the bed while his labored breath and apologies fanned her nape.

I am sorry

Authors note: hey!!! Short but hope u liked it pls dnt forget to vote and tell me what u think.