chapter fifty one

Gabriel obstinately refused to drop Iyila even though she had tried to dissuade him from carrying her. All her excuses had been countered by Gabriel. Seeing how exhausted she was, he wouldn't accede to her pleas. Iyila realising that she was likely to loose in their banter, ultimately, unwilling gave in to his demands.

Lifting her against her will, he started towards Okahana. They hadn't gone far before her light snoring began. Smiling with satisfaction, he watched as she drifted away. He dropped an airy kiss on her forehead before continuing. He hadn't seen any of the villagers, but he was certain Martha had sent a search party to find them. He thought of poor Martha and all her warnings to ignore his feelings for Iyila. He had tried to but she was not like any other woman. His initial plan had been an itching kiss, but one thing had led to another and she had ended beneath him. He had always presumed that she was not like any other but after having her, he was more that certain.

He had began romancing from the age of thirteen. Before eighteen he was almost clearing all skirts that flew his way. Loose skirts had been his lousy excuse for refuge and temporal bliss. And in those silent nights with him relieving his urges in a mistress' bedchamber he had felt nothing more than manly lust. All he had felt was the vain need to ease his urge.

However with Iyila, contrary to what she believed, she hadn't pleased him, she had completed him. He knew that even right before she went beneath him, her kiss had stimulated a depth he hadn't realised existed, a depth not even Anne had reached.

He was a man with a large appetite, even so he had always been selfless in giving equal pleasure to his mate. However Iyila in her childlike moves, propelled by innocent curiosity, had done what all his lovers in their skilful tactics couldn't permit him feel; fruition.

Time paused in Iyila's arms, and every touch was like a healing ointment. Theirs bodies had synchronised and moved in a rhythm he had never experienced before. But again his fears had materialised, he had made his release in her even though he had told himself from the beginning that he wouldn't. But it was just one night, two releases, surely an egg wouldn't fertilise, he tried to convince himself. Right from the start he had feared that he wouldn't be able to control himself with her. And he didn't, which was very unusual. He had never made a release, never kissed that way, never exchanged such intense eye contact or even pulled a woman closer after the whole action. Lovemaking had always been rushed and quick. He always knew what he wanted and was quick at getting it.

With Iyila, every kiss was an unending row of passion. Every laugh, every throaty moan, high pitched cry and movement was an interesting puzzle.

With Iyila, he had felt a sense of harmony, joy and wholeness when he had cuddled her. Which didn't apply to his rules of giving and taking. He couldn't explain these feelings, they were foreign and happening at the same time.

He stared at her, he had to be careful. Iyila was a mysterious case he had no clue about. If he wasn't careful, he was sure she would make him stay. However, there was the bright side to look at, they still had tomorrow for themselves and if luck shone on him he would take her round Okahana just as he had designed. He just had to reduce body contact with her and increase his discipline. But staring at her again, he was very doubtful of that.

It was getting darker as they approached Okahana. From atop where he stood, he could see the beautiful town below; lit by burning torches. He knew he had to wake her up. He had left very angry. It was likely expected of him to return still ballistic. He knew Martha as she did him. He knew the slightest show of affection could prompt an unending suspicion which he wasn't prepared for. "Liya," he playfully called, she drowsily answered but quickly returned to her sleep.

He laughed, "Liya, we are already home, you need to wake up. I am sorry," he said. Iyila feebly opened her eyes, she smiled when she saw his face. "I told you that you were exhausted," he teased. She wearily stood up and they walked into the village. Martha was standing with some men and giving instructions when she spotted them. Iyila had resumed her sheepish behaviour while Gabriel had also resumed his strict masterly attitude.