"Who doesn't?" Song said , before putting things together in her head. "Wait, no."

The woman nodded, grinning.

"No Way!! Why would he become a detective? No way, you're just kidding, aren't you?"

"No seriously!!" The woman took out her cellphone and pulled up her images. "Check it out."

Song pushed close to her to look at the screen. In the screen stood a boy, almost 15, lanky, red hair and most definitely an adolescent Zhang Wei. In the photo, which seemed like a promotional photo for an event, his fingers were poised over the ivory keys of a baby grand and his face was filled with a sort of arrogant delight.

"Apparently he was a genius pianist. Something changed his mind in college, though, and well.." The woman shrugged and looked at the man who was now smiling at his phone.

Song was filled with want. She knew the man she was so interested in, wouldn't be so simple.

She had to hurry up and be promoted. That way they could be the couple everyone envys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zhang Wei looked at the new lead perfunctually before his eyes strayed to his phone. Since the Ball, Heng had made it his duty to pester Zhang with a text or a phone call every few hours. They even met in a few restaurants 'coincidentally' which finally culminated into a game of 'who can find the other first'....... Even Zhang himself couldn't believe this was what he was doing on his night outs.

He looked up, feeling someone staring at him only to lock eyes with WeiWei. He smiled at her briefly, before looking at his phone contemplating how exactly this case was to be closed. He had assigned her with a task that would ensure she remains in the office. WeiWei had a lot of contact with his leads. Wouldn't want her to miss the cues, now would he?

 He closed his eyes and sighed. As a well known cop, it wasn't like he could sashay into the the Boss's mansion and come out intact. The original Zhang Wei actually went in undercover as he was not well known, but he himself couldn't do that.

Zhang quickly broke into one of the boss's phone and copied over his texts. As a highly successful Mob Boss, Zhang figured the man wouldn't keep a routine schedule and he was right. The texts were all encrypted and it took a while for Zhang to make sense of the text.

He looked at his laptop triumphantly. Tan Liu was to spend at least two hours at the Sceptor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sceptor was a gentleman's club meant only for the power brokers of the world built in a turn of the century castle. It was a tough place to get into even with money.

Thankfully, Zhang was being courted by one of the patron's of the club.

Heng looked at Zhang's side profile. The man didn't seem awed at the extravagant interior of the club. He seemed focused, scanning the faces of the people entering the club through the cctv of the club he had broken into inside their private room.

"I'm beginning to wonder if this is even a date?" Heng said, his lips pursed into a slight pout.

Zhang sat forward and concentrated on  a man entering the club, ignoring everything Heng was saying. Heng looked at the new entry, disgruntled that this man had Zhang's full attention.

"Tan Liu? Oh, is he related to your new case?" Heng said scrutinizing the man.

"Mmm." Zhang hummed trying to think of a way to meet the guy.

Heng looked at his preoccupied lover. This new case was always calling Zhang away. Something about this case seemed to make Zhang really tensed everytime it came up in conversation. Heng sighed. It was best to help Zhang close this case quickly if he ever wanted this relationship to go anywhere.

Heng signaled one of the staff waiting outside their private room by ringing a bell.

"Would you request Mr. Tan Liu to have a drink with me?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is not edited so watch out for the mistakes.

You wouldn't believe it, but this is the fifth time I rewrote this particular chapter. No matter how many time I wrote it I just wasn't satisfied, but I felt that you guys waited for so long so I decided to just push this one out.

I also found an awesome new bl story called JUBO. It's so much fun. I don't know if you guys detected it from my story but I love an apathetic/cold main character.....