Chapter 6

So I corrected a few things in the previous chapter before publishing this one. Thank you everyone for your kind comments and votes!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aunt asked me to come here. What's this all about a son-in-law?"

Chang had woken that day to the insistent ring of his phone. He answered it, only to hear the hysterical screaming of Heng's mother and the only words he could make out was son-in-law and Heng.

Heng looked up from his laptop and smirked at him. "I met the infamous Mr. Zhang Wei."

"And you decided to marry him?" Chang scoffed. "What did the man do that impressed you so much?"

Heng looked at Chang with a smitten look in his face. Chang felt goosebumps rise up his hands. The last time Chang looked like this, he drove a woman crazy, as she tried to meet his impossible standards after being given a chance at claiming Heng as a husband.

"Something about the man instantly captured me. It was like one of those romance movies. You know the one, two strangers meet in a cafe, instantly fall in love and decide to live their life together." Heng closed his laptop and smiled at Chang.

Chang stared at Heng with a stunned expression. "Except you had the man investigated, and you planted yourself at the cafe just to meet him and if he was even a little bit intelligent, he must have already had you investigated too. Which part of this story is in anyway like the movie you just described?"

Chang poured himself a drink from the sidebar before sitting in the couch. "Are you actually serious about this thing? I thought you were just joking like you usually do about these things. Do you even know this man beyond the files you have on him? And isn't Zhang Wei a bit of a .....playboy?"

Heng poured himself a drink and walked to sit opposite Chang. "We won't get married immediately, of course. We'll wait for an appropriate amount of time before we get engaged."

Chang sputtered. "Wait, what? You guys are not even in a relationship! Aren't you moving a bit too fast? What if he isn't even interested in you?"

Heng stared at his drink thoughtfully. "Something about him made me feel that if I didn't catch him now, I would never be able to. And if that man is meant to be mine, then there is no way I am letting go of him. Besides his playboy manners are easily correctable."  Heng said the last words lasciviously.

Chang stared at him with an open mouth. "I must meet this guy. If he managed to fell you in just one meeting, he must be quite the character."

"You will get the chance to meet him. He will be attending the Minister's Ball this year."

"Wait, you're going to the Ball? You never go to the....oh wait, you're going to trap the guy aren't you? Not give him a chance to be with anyone else?"

"Hmmm, let's see what happens."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next week, XXX City Museum was grandly decked out in elegant lights and gorgeous flowers, awaiting it's halls to be adorned with all of the who's who in XXX City. The organizers were especially nervous as a special man had RSVP'ed the event.

A few miles away, Zhang was getting ready for the event that would ultimately tip the balance of the world. He looked at his suit and pulled his cuffs down a little.