Chapter 5

Okay, guys, I am so sorry I didn't update yesterday. After I updated the day before, I was summoned home and was travelling after making last minute travel arrangements and was at home for a few short hours and then had to travel back. I was in no mood to write and slept close to 10 hours. It was not a fun two days. So I give you guys the next chapter, unedited of course. Oh and the picture above is somewhat how I imagine the ML, except with sharper cheek bones, and with a deeper set of eyes. Once again, I donot own the picture.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zhang exited the interrogation room to a room full of rookies looking at him like he was a god stepping down to bless them. They immediately rushed to him and there was a ruckus of shouted compliments repeated praises of "Oh my god!!".

Song Wei Wei stuck close to him and looked at him with eyes filled with lust. She kept stroking him arm lightly and 'accidently'. Zhang wanted to push the woman away violently but instead nonchalently shook her away before power walking away from all the rookies and shaking them off by slipping into his team's pen. He immediately arranged for the kid to be taken into custody before reporting to the Chief.

He then took his lunch break, walking outside quickly before entering his favorite cafe, a few blocks away from the precinct. The minute he entered his eyes went to the man sitting at the corner table Zhang usually sat at. The man could have been described as handsome, but his presence and charisma only made him seem almost god-like. The male lead, Li Heng.

Zhang was confused. Why would the man be here? As far as he knew, the first meeting with the man happens at the Minister's Ball. The confusion didn't show in Zhang's face as he smoothly seated himself at another table and ordered his food to go. He took out a sheet music and tried to ignore the male lead who was blatantly staring at him.

After some time, Zhang had sunk into the music before jerking out of it when a shadow fell over him. He looked up to see that Li Heng seemed to have lost patience and was now standing next to him and was once again staring at him.

Zhang smiled at him and offered him the seat next to him.

Heng took the seat and once again didn't speak anything but simply stared at him. Zhang smiled at him uneasily before offering him his hand. "Hi, Zhang Wei."

"Hn.", the man eyed him thoughtfully, before clasping the offered hand with both of his. "Li Heng." The man didn't release his hand and smirked at him, his eyes glinting with some unknown emotion. "I must say, you are very different from the last time I saw you. Of course, you've grown up." Saying so, the man examined Zhang from head to toe.

Zhang smiled at the man, his face unreadable. "I wasn't aware that we have met before Mr. Li. I must apologize for not remembering you."

The man smiled at Zhang," You were young and played at your brother's concert in C Country. You were only ten and we met very briefly. It is no wonder that you don't remember me."

Zhang's eyebrow raised. "I am suprised that you remember me Mr. Li. I wasn't aware that I made such a huge impression on you."

Heng's fingers ran lightly through Zhang's hand before releasing it. No, he hadn't felt anything when he had met the boy before. But somehow the current Zhang was so alluring that it made him obsessed with the young man. He had never felt such sudden and deep attraction to anyone before. Is this the so called love at first sight?

Zhang was not aware that he was already marked by the male lead and was planning on how to leave with out driving the plot away from it's set lines. Unfortunately for him, the man had no interest in letting him escape so easily. Heng started up a conversation about the music he was holding on to. Zhang, no matter how much he loved his current occupation , was a man deeply in love with music and easily fell into the conversation.

Zhang was a man brought up with deep appreciation of music and his innate fascination of it added to the fact that he consciously avoided taking about it led this opening to bring out his inner music madness. His eyes brightened as he talked and his fingers fluttered in the air. At that moment, the man who usually seemed so sexual brought forward an impression of innocence and beauty.

Heng was entranced. He knew he had to make that man his. His heart beat faster as he looked as the man who didn't seem to notice his drunken expression and was instead describing the characteristics of his personal piano.

Zhang stopped talking when his food arrived. He blushed lightly when he noticed that he talked so much without letting the other man reply. He looked up to see that the man was staring at his red cheeks intently. "I am so sorry Mr. Li, I didn't mean to talk so much."

Heng smiled softly at him. "Don't worry, I enjoyed it."

Zhang's eyebrows raised before he stood up and offered him his hand, "Well, it was nice meeting you, Mr. Li. Unfortunately, I'll have to leave now."

"Hmm." Heng shaked the man's hand before letting go of it reluctantly. "Please call me Heng. I would like to think us as friends...If you don't mind of course."

Zhang was struck for a moment by the smile the man aimed at him. "Uh, of course not. Please call me Wei then. I hope we meet again later." he sttod up to pay for his food.

Heng admired the man's back before smirking. "I'll make sure of it, darling."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zhang walked into his office, deeply disturbed.  

He set the food on his table, before sinking into his seat.

Zhang couldn't understand exactly how the story diverted so much from the original plot. He knew that this little meeting was in no way a 'coincidence'.

In the original story Li Heng was only a businessman, albeit one that was very successful with tons of connections. But, as per his investigations, the man was the hidden puppet master behind a lot of the powerful men and women of the world. He knew his transfer into the body of Zhang couldn't account for all the changes in the world.

The changes began from before he had even entered the body. The current Heng was very different from the irritating but capable male lead of the story. The current Heng was surrounded by the very best talents from all around the world and while he did occasionally play the king-maker, it was only if the person was actually capable.

Will the current Heng even be interested in the incapable but gorgeous Song Wei Wei?

Zhang thought about the woman who had started to irritate him with her flirtations. While he originally thought of her as a fly he had to deal with sooner or later, her insistent flirting lead him to re-catagorize her from the fly status to an annoyance he had to stamp out.  

He decided to wait till the Minister's Ball to see if she really would get the interest of Heng, or if she already lost all hopes for that golden thigh before she could even make her move.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zhang had no idea that Heng was currently calling his parents to prepare them for when he brings them a son-in-law.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys find this and interesting chapter! Thank you for all the votes and the awesome comments!