Chapter Three|| Curious

{Adrian's POV}

I held Ivy's hand as we walked up the sidewalk of Stephanie's house. I was curious if Stephanie was truly watching Ivy as much as she says she does. The minute I knocked on the door there was shuffling from inside.

"One second!!!!" The voice called out and I held back an eye roll.

I heard the unlocking of the door and it swung open. Stephanie was tying her hair up as she stood sideways looking across the room with a slight panic.

"Clark, you can let her in, I'm so sorry my friend-" She stopped when she looked over seeing me and her eyes widened.

"A-alpha Adrian." She stuttered immediately bowing her head in respect.

I gave her a deep nod back with acknowledgment and she slowly lifted her head back up to meet my eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked nervously.

"No, I just wanted to ask you a couple of things. I know Clark usually brings Ivy but I was... curious." I said glancing down at Ivy herself.

I squatted to get eye level with her and gave her a grin.

"Why don't you go inside and find your toys? I'm going to talk to Stephanie real quick. Alright, pumpkin? I'll see you tonight." She nodded and leaned in placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Wuv you, Adri!" She said and ran inside and I chuckled standing.

"A crazy one, she is," I said looking to Stephanie who just nodded not knowing what to say.

"I was just wanting to talk about some things Ivy mentioned to me last night," I said and her eyes widened.

"Oh no. What did she say?" That's comforting...

"Something about a wolf and then that wolf running from another wolf?" She sighed glancing at Ivy who was sitting in the living room floor as she played with her things.

"I'm so sorry, Alpha. My friend came over yesterday... she was having a crisis you could say. She was in wolf form and I didn't want to leave Ivy inside by herself so I brought her with me. She didn't freak out or anything, I promise! Katherine showed submission to where Ivy knew she meant no harm."

"And the other wolf?" I asked cocking an eyebrow.

"There was no other wolf. I mean, Katherine technically was running from her boyfriend and he's a wolf. I may have joked a couple of times to Katherine about the big bad wolf. I guess Ivy heard me. Goddess, I'm so sorry. I should have dealt with Katherine after she left. I didn't even think about it." She mumbled, her cheeks red.

"It's no problem, Stephanie. Ivy was going to have to get around shifted wolves soon enough. Just be more careful alright? She tends to pick up on things even if you think she isn't listening... trust me." I said trying to lighten the mood and she let out a small laugh.

"Noted." She replied and I couldn't help but ask. "Why was this Katherine girl running in wolf form, away from her boyfriend?" I didn't want my members in any harm.

"I don't know if it's really my place to tell you, but since you're my alpha... let's just say he scares her sometimes. She isn't one to be punctual and that makes him mad. She leaves, crashes at my place for the night, gets back up and goes to work, and usually goes back home after and everything is alright. There are no worries." She explained and I slowly nodded.

"Alright, just keep what I said in mind. Have a good day, Stephanie. Clark will be here to pick Ivy up... bye Ivy, love you." I called out and she looked towards the door smiling and blew me a kiss goodbye.

Goddess, how much I already love that girl.

"She's so sweet," Stephanie said and I nodded.

"She is." With that, I turned and headed out to my car.

"Have a good day, Alpha!" Stephanie called out and I raised my hand in a thanking type way.

{Katherine's POV}

"And that folks, is my rant of the day." I completed and looked at the time.

A quarter until eight.

"Sadly today we will not be taking any callers, stay bright bitches. Good night." I spoke into the mic and Eddie cued me that we were done and I sighed standing.

"You cut it short today, any reason why?" He asked as I walked in collecting my things.

"Another fight I need to mend," I replied and he nodded understanding.

"Well, if you need anything let me know."

"Alright," I replied giving him a small smile and walked towards the door and left soon after.

As I drove home I didn't even want to think what Eric was going to say. He would be furious I left again. Usually, we bicker for a couple of minutes, I apologize twenty times, then he apologizes, and then we make up.

Something tells me this time is different, and what I mean by that is when I pulled in the driveway I saw boxes sitting on the front porch.

You're kidding me.

I hopped out of my car rushing to the porch and noticed the boxes were labeled with 'Katherine's shit'. Yeah, this isn't good. I walked to the door opening the screen door and put my key into the lock but it wouldn't budge.

He changed the locks.

I huffed angrily turning and a note on one of the boxes caught my eye. I snatched it up reading it.

Katherine,

I apologize for the way I acted. For always somehow managing to scare you. We're toxic, just admit it. We both have different mindsets and our goals, in the end, are different. I feel it would be best if we just stopped seeing each other. I feel like you would somewhat agree. You're not the Katherine I met those years ago. You're not happy with me, and I understand that. I pushed and I pushed and I eventually knocked you down... but that pushed you farther away from me than I wanted. I guess we're both at fault. Why spend more years together when we're only going to fight? Find your happiness, Kate.

-Eric

I crumbled up the note feeling my blood boil. I agreed with him. Oh, I one hundred percent agreed, but that baboon couldn't give me some time to find a place before throwing me out?

This is your fault, my subconscious spoke.

I let out yet another huff and started loading boxes into my car. I guess it's back to the couch at Stephanie's house.

Hopefully, she'll take me. 

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you're liking Katherine's personailty!

She's a crazy one. 

VOTE

COMMENT 

SHARE

The Rampant BondOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara