Chapter Eighteen|| Date Night

{Katherine's POV}

"Where are you taking me?" I giggled out.

"Shh, just a few more steps." Adrian spoke with slight amusement.

I couldn't take it anymore! Ever since Adrian told me to get ready and that he was taking me out, I had been on the edge of my seat.

We drove a bit but now he was guiding me somewhere with his hands over my eyes.

"Okay... now you can look." He pulled his hands away and I gasped looking at the small setup.

A blanket was laid out across the ground as a picnic basket sat dead center with two wine glasses and a bottle of wine on ice. It was sat up on a hill and the view of the sunset was amazing.

"Adrian..." I trailed off taking it in.

"Do you like it?" He asked hesitantly.

"I love it." I mumbled taking a step closer towards it.

"I figured we could use a night to ourselves without all the drama and a breath of fresh air as well." I smiled at the gesture.

"Thank you, Adrian, that's very thoughtful of you." Ever since we got back things have been slowly getting back to the way they were before all the drama happened.

Stacy hadn't shown her face or reached out, which could be good or bad. Good that she was staying away, or bad that she was planning something. Whichever it was, it could wait.

We took our seats on the blanket and Adrian started to get everything sat out.

"Did you get all this together?" I asked looking at the food he was placing out.

"Ivy may or may not have helped me." He grinned and I smiled thinking about the two of them putting this together, how cute.

There was chocolate covered strawberries, pretzels, chicken salad sandwiches, and some other goodies he brought. It looked absolutely amazing.

"So, tell me something I don't know about you." Adrian said handing me a sandwich and I grabbed it and then grabbed a napkin thinking about my answer.

"My favorite color is purple." I stated and he let out a small laugh.

"Very interesting." He joked and I rolled my eyes giving his shoulder a playful push.

"What do you want to know then?" I asked before taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Hmm, what was your dream job?"

"Believe it or not it was to be a radio talk show host." I answered and he made a surprised face.

"Really? I just thought it was something you did now." I nodded.

"When I lived in The Power Pack I worked there at a radio station and that is how I kinda got popular. People started to like me and I don't know, I guess I decided to start my own show. I co-hosted in The Power Pack, so when I moved out here I started looking right away. Luckily, I found where I work at now and our views grew and grew and the next thing I knew I was pretty popular here."

"Wow, I didn't know that." I smiled and took another bite of the sandwich as did he.

"What about you? What did you want to become?" I asked after chewing and swallowing.

"A doctor." This made me laugh.

"You? A doctor? I could never see that." He laughed nodding.

"I know. When you see me as an alpha and CEO of a business...it's hard to picture me as a doctor, but I was obsessed with it as a kid. I had this little lab coat my mother got me for one of my birthdays and I would wear it all over the house with a stethoscope hanging around my neck. My mother was a doctor so you could see why I wanted to be one."

The image of a little version of Adrian in a lab coat running around acting like he was healing people was too cute and funny.

"Are you close with your mom?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I used to be. When I became alpha and moved here she wasn't too pleased with me leaving. She comes and visits some but it's nothing how it used to be. I miss her a lot. My father is...distant. The two aren't true mates so they often fight. He usually takes off to one of our houses we have up in the Hampton's. I haven't heard from him in months so I couldn't tell you where he is currently." I placed my hand on his free one that was placed behind him as he leant against it.

"Like a wise man once told me, they're missing out." I replied and he let out a soft laugh looking down.

"I would like you to meet my mom some time, though. She would love you." He said looking back up at me and I smiled, if that would make him happy then I was happy to do it.

"Of course."

"Well, enough with the sappy talk. How was your day at work?" He asked as I leaned over and grabbed a strawberry.

"It wasn't as exciting as usual. I did a small segment and then we had a few callers. Thursdays are our days that aren't as busy with listeners." He nodded as I bit into the strawberry and I noticed he was watching me causing me to place my hand in front of my mouth as I started laughing.

"What?" He mused.

I quickly chewed and swallowed.

"You were staring at me." I laughed and he smirked.

"Yeah because I think you're the only person that i've watched bite into a strawberry and totally get turned on." He replied and my eyes widened as my cheeks no doubt had a red tint to them.

"Oh." I mumbled and he let out a laugh shaking his head. "You're also the only person I know that blushes so easily." He added, which made my cheeks heat even more.

"Well maybe if you'd stop saying stuff like that!" I defended and he smirked leaning in closer to me.

"Are you sure you want me to though?" He asked raising a brow and my words got caught in my throat at his closeness.

"Y-yes." I stuttered and mentally scolded myself for doing so.

"Your body says differently." he added and it was my turn to raise a brow.

"You unknowingly leaned into me. Your cheeks keep getting flushed and your breathing is coming out in shorter breaths." He stated.

What the...how does he look so closely without me realizing he's basically analyzing me?

"Blame it on my wolf." I shot back.

"Mhm." He hummed leaning in closer and his eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips.

He finally leaned in closing the small gap between us and his lips met mine in a soft, delicate kiss. It was as if he was seeing if I would pull away. Why the hell would I do that? I replied to the kiss with a little more pressure and I felt him grin into it matching my pace. He let out a small groan of satisfaction when my fingers threaded through his hair pulling him closer.

He easily picked me up placing me on his lap to where I was straddling him and I mentally thanked myself for not wearing a dress like I was originally going to and went with jeans instead.

The kiss easily got heated making my mind drift to the night of my heat. Except this was much more pleasurable.

His tongue slipped past my lips to my meet mine and he fought for dominance to which he won. Playfully, he nipped at my lip and I let out a playful growl mocking his movement.

Best. Date. Ever.
______________________
Vote
Comment
Share

Im still not moved into my house🥵