Chapter Thirteen

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars Rebels, or anything you may recognize from the show.

Hera quietly approached the Med-Bay. She really didn't want to wake Ezra up after he'd been so exhausted from his earlier escapades. As she tiptoed towards the cupboard where she stored the thermometer, Ezra popped one eye open. "I'm up, there's no need for you to be quiet." He whispered hoarsely. "I thought you would be still knocked out. Aren't you tired." Hera questioned. Ezra pondered on that thought. He was tired, exhausted even, but still he couldn't seem to close his eyes for more than a couple of minutes. "I guess not.. must be the adrenaline huh.." He forced a chuckle. He proceeded to rise from the bed while stifling a groan. "I'm feeling better already." He forced out through clenched teeth. Hera shoved the thermometer in his mouth, "I'll be the judge of that.." She said, hands on her hips.

It seemed like forever, but eventually the beeping sounded that the thermometer was done with its reading. Ezra closed his eyes and willed it to say a good reading. If he could have his way he wouldn't have a temp in the first place.

"Well..." He said impatiently. Hera looked over the reading. "Well for starters, your temperature did go down.." she muttered, all her focus on the thermometer. "See I tol-" " Not so fast." Before Ezra could even celebrate Hera cut him off. "Its not down by much, do you have any idea how long you've been running a 104 fever." "Not exactly..." Ezra forced out. In truth he hadn't remembered he'd been sick for this long. How long was it again, probably about a week now. He lost track from the vomiting to roaming around Lothal feverishly, hiding from Kanan. "Everything is kind of a blur." "I understand your brain was being fried" Hera said hastily, cleaning of the thermometer, "but we need to work on it. Its still high so you need to rest. No over exerting yourself." "Yes Ma'am" Ezra reluctantly agreed. "Am I good to go.." He said already getting down from the bed. "Yes, but please take it easy..." Hera said while handing him his new dose of medicine.

"I will" He forced between washing down his pills with water. Just when he was halfway through the door he turned back "Umm Hera-" he said nervously. She looked back from making the bed " I just wanted to say thank you. I uh- genuinely appreciate you going out of your way taking care of me." "Ezra its no problem. Its the least I can do." Hera said a smile plastered on her face.

Ezra smiled back. He wasn't used to getting this kind of attention. And at first it was overwhelming but now it gave him a warm feeling. To know someone actually cared about him. Someone wanting to voluntarily care for him with no strings attached. To him its like a dream come true. Memories of him and his mother in his youth before his world came crumbling down relayed in his mind.

"Kid, you alright?"

That pulled Ezra from his thoughts. "Yeah..yeah.. I'm fine" He said hastily, looking down willing his tears to stop flowing. "I was just wondering.. you look better" the voice spoke up again. Only then did Ezra realize "the voice" was Zeb's, and his location was right in front of him.

Ezra instantly lifted his head up. "Yeah I feel good as new... Where are the others," He said trying to will the awkwardness away. Zeb hadn't seen Ezra vulnerable and Ezra would love to keep it that way. "Sabine and Kanan are in the rooms." Zed finally answered after a beat. "They're planning for the next mission." That surprised Ezra, there was a mission. He'd realized how boring it's been without a mission to keep him occupied. "Uh- Did Kanan happen to say who would be joining him." Ezra said rolling back on his heels, he hoped Kanan wouldn't bench him. After all he'd been feeling better, hes more than capable of helping on a mission. "Before you get your hopes up, don't count on it kid. Kanan has been worried sick over you, that stunt you pulled definitely convinced him you can't go on missions until this whole thing blows over." Zeb said while continuing on his journey walking to his shared room"

"Hey what do you mean?" He called after Zeb. Things were just starting to feel back to normal.

I'm Back Guys!!! Tell me how you like this chapter, its been a while since I've been on here, and im thinking of new ideas to add to both stories. Thank you all for the support and I hope you enjoy! The adventure is just beginning ;)

- Sincerely, xIncognito