Chapter Five

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own Star Wars Rebels or any thing you may recognize from the show.

     Kanan went to look for Hera Zeb and Sabine to tell them his idea."So Hera your going to cook all of Ezra's favorite things and when he sees it he'll try to eat it because it will be suspicious of he didn't-" Kanan was cut off by Zeb interjecting. "Oi Kanan we did that already and it didn't work." Zeb said. Kanan gave him a glare "Zeb that's why we are putting his favorite things out so he would eat not a sandwich and all of us will be at dinner so it will be harder for him to turn down the food without looking suspicious." Kanan said matter of factly. 
"Well I'm going to get started on dinner." Hera said while putting the Ghost on auto pilot and exited the room. "Zeb I'll tell you when you should go wake Ezra up." Kanan said while exiting. Zeb replied with a nod and left the room. Soon it was only Kanan and Sabine. "You sure this plan will work?" Sabine questioned. "Almost positive." Kanan answered looking very confident.
About an half an hour later Zeb retreated to his room to wake up Ezra, but noticed he wasn't there. He was almost sure of where he was (probably in the bathroom.), so the lassat waited for Ezra to come back. Ezra entered the room looking exhausted he barely noticed Zeb was the room if he didn't speak him. "Kid, Hera wants you to come to dinner." Zeb said in his usual voice. Just the thought of eating made Ezra's stomach churn. "Nahh I'm not hungry." Ezra replied. Zeb raised his eyebrows "But all your favorite food is there Hera made it for you, cmon come eat." Zeb said convincingly. "Ok." Ezra said feeling defeated. Zeb and Ezra slowly retreated to where the others were eating. "Well there you guys are." Hera said. Ezra's eyes widened when he saw that Zeb wasn't lying.
All of Ezra's favorite things were right in front of him. This was the only chance Ezra got to eat stuff he really enjoyed. He slowly took a seat and stared at the food. "Dig in Ezra there is plenty to go around." Kanan urged. Ezra took a small portion of food and took a tiny bite. He was able to hold it down he drank water just to be sure that it would stay. He then just ate little pieces until his queasiness came back and his stomach began to hurt.
Ezra quickly excused himself from the table and raced towards the bathroom. He knew that the rest of the crew was staring at him, but it was better to throw up in the bathroom than in public. Ezra locked the bathroom door and got rid of all that he had eaten (that wasn't very much.) and rinsed out his mouth, unlocked the bathroom door to see the crew standing there worried looks on their faces. "Ezra what's up with you." Kanan said sternly. Ezra knew no lie could get him out of this one he knew he truly had to tell the truth.
"Well you see Kanan-" he was cut off by Kanan touching his forehead. "What did I tell you guys he does have a fever." Kanan said. Soon after Sabine and Hera felt his forehead and were looking at each other worriedly. "Thats really warm." Sabine said. Kanan asked them if he and his padawan could talk alone. "Ezra what did I tell you we knew you were sick and you just proved it to us." Kanan ranted, even though Ezra was sick he was still going to rub it in his face with an I told you so.
"Yeah I know." Ezra replied not making eye contact with Kanan. "Go to bed and I'll bring you some fever reducer ok?" Kanan said feeling the fight was over and he could take care of Ezra now.
"I rather not, I have been sick before Kanan and I didn't take any medicine you don't have to waste any on me cause I know how to handle sickness." Ezra said while walking away leaving Kanan wide eyed standing there. The truth is Ezra didn't want help he wanted to take care of himself because of he ever had to live on the streets again he still needed to remember how to take care of himself without medicine or anyones help.