Chapter Three

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own Star Wars Rebles or anything you may recognize from the show.

    Zeb informed Kanan about what occured in the kitchen. Kanan was determined to make Ezra feel better but he needed to be subtle, cause the boy was already stubborn to admit or even show that he was ill. Kanan slowly approached the bedroom being cautious so he didn't make any noise to wake him up before he entered so he wouldn't get a head start on acting fine.
    Kanan opened the door and to his surprise Ezra was still sleeping. The thing that worried him was Ezra's complexion he was even paler if that was possible, His face was also scrunched up his eyebrows furrowed and he had a tentative hand on his stomach., and to add to that he was shivering so he knew Ezra definitely had a fever. Kanan placed his hand on Ezra's cheek, just as he guessed it was hot. Just as Kanan was about to remove his hand Ezra seemed to lean into the touch.
    He moaned and then switched sides. Kanan was in the process of trying to wake Ezra up but he seemed to be in too deep of sleep. Just when he was about to leave Ezra opened his eyes. "Hey Master" he said in a hoarse tone. "Hey Ezra, ready for some training?" Ezra sighed then answered "Yea I guess..." in an uninterested tone of voice. As he led Ezra outside he noticed that he wasn't fully altogether, Ezra seemed to zone out during the middle of Kanan's sentences and only responded with a nod.
    Kanan seemed to grow worried the more he looked at Ezra. He finally decided that he would tire him out so he would fall asleep and then ask him if he was ok. "Ezra we are gonna meditate okay?" Ezra responded with a nod. As Kanan showed Ezra what to do and how to properly meditate fatigue seemed to take over the young padawan's body.
   "Okay now Ezra just focus on your breathing, keep your focus don't let anything distract you. Go into deep thought, okay Ezra?" Kanan said but in response he got was dead silence. He turned to look at Ezra and noticed he was fast asleep. "Kanan studied unconscious Ezra and began to think about how he would question him to get him to admit he was sick before he got worse. Kanan saw a nearby blanket and was about to drape it over Ezra when he woke up.
    "Ezra?" Kanan said in a soft tone. "Yes Kanan?" Ezra replied trying to wipe the sleep away from his feverish eyes. "We know there is something up with you and I need you to tell me the truth." Kanan said his voice still soft but stern. Ezra looked dumbfounded. "I thought a played it off real well, wow these people are hard to trick" Ezra thought. "Well ummmm what do you mean Kanan, last time I checked I was perfectly fine."
   Ezra replied trying to gain the last bit of confidence he had and was thinking of an excuse to tell Kanan about the weird way he was acting and trying to swallow down the nauseating gunk coming up in his throat. "You know what I mean Ezra and I want truth and nothing but the truth." Kanan said his voice even more sterner then the last time.
   "Well my cover is blown." Ezra thought he paled slightly as he opened his mouth to reveal to his Master the truth about everything.