Chapter 15

Fresh quietly walked around his neighborhood.

He snuck out of his house, even though he shouldn't be doing this much movement.

Fresh sighed as he saw the house hold that PJ used to live in.

The lights were off, except one, that was the living room.
Fresh could see a figure walking off, then the lights went off.

Fresh inhaled a deep shaky breath, then exhaled as he started walking.

After a while, Fresh ended up at the lake.
The moon was shining brightly, and its reflection in the water was eye catching.

Fresh sat down in front of the lake. He set his hand down, only to flinch in pain, pulling his hand and shaking it. "Ow!" Fresh looked down to see a rock and picked it up, throwing it at the lake, the rock skipping once, then sinking in.

Fresh cracked a small smile, but it faded.

"PaperJam..." Fresh said softly as he laid on the soft grass on his back.
One hand was on his stomach, and his other laid next to him.

"I wonder if life is better where you are... The AfterLife Dimension... I hope its better because this AU it's a b*tch to me... It was h*ll for you though..." Fresh spoke softly. "If you had the chance to come back, would you?" Fresh asked as he gasped and shot up. "He can come back!" Fresh smiled as he laid back down. "Hopefully... I can find him before its too late." Fresh let out a sigh, just as he heard a yell.

"Fresh!" Fresh looked up to see Alphys. "You shouldn't be here!" Alphys crossed her arms and sat next to Fresh.
"Alphys..." Fresh spoke softly. "I want to go to the AfterLife Dimension." Alphys froze for a second. "Y-You can't! The chances of you coming back are so extremely low!" Alphys said as Fresh shrugged. "I don't care. I need to see PJ... I need to apologize... If I don't, I'll go crazy," Fresh said, Alphys tearing up. "Would if he's not there?" "Then he's alive!" Fresh said, his hopes high. "Fresh. That dust matched perfectly with PJ... He's dead, dust, gone! Except it! Except the fact he's not here! You'll never see him again! Fresh! Snap out of it! You have so many people who care about you, and you're still stuck on him!" Alphys raised her voice as she stood up. "He's not gone. Not yet!" Fresh looked at Alphys as he sat up. "Yes. He. Is! PJ is dead! There's no brining him back! So give up!" Fresh teared up. "Yes there is!" Fresh was slowly giving up, but stayed determined. "Yes he is! He's gone and he's never coming back! Fresh! Stop being so stupid! He probably hates you! You're the reason he's dead!" Alphys yelled, but covered her mouth. "Fresh... I'm sorry..." Alphys said as Fresh got up, tears sliding rapidly down his cheekbones.
Alphys tried reaching out did Fresh, but he flinched back. "Don't touch me!" Fresh yelled, his breath and soul rate increasing. "Fresh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it!" Alphys said as Fresh shook his head, having a hard time breath. "Th-That's what everyone says-- " Fresh said, Alphys noticing he was shaking. "Calm down! Fresh, take deep breaths." Alphys said as Fresh shook his head. "Fresh! Quit being so stubborn!" Alphys said as Fresh tried taking deep breaths, but he couldn't calm down.

"Fresh!" was all Fresh heard before he went unconscious.

~~~😼😼😼~~~

Fresh opened his eyes, looking around tiredly.
My room.... Why am I here again...? Fresh got up quietly.
He left his room, his eyes dull, his face expression not showing any emotions. "Fresh!" Cray hugged Fresh, who didn't hug back, didn't do anything, didn't say anything. He didn't want to, and in his account, he doesn't have to. "Fresh?" Cray backed away, seeing Fresh so...
"I'm leaving," Fresh said, trying to leave, but Cray got in his way. "You're still on bed rest!" Cray said as Fresh rolled his eyes, grabbing a jacket from the couch near him.
He slipped it on, it being big on him. Fresh checked the pockets, feeling money. "I need to go to the pharmacy," Fresh simply said as he walked past Cray, grabbing his shoes and slipping then on. "I'm going then!" "Whatever." Fresh walked out the door, Cray following as he closed and locked the door.

When they got there, Fresh sighed, looking at all the painkillers. He grabbed a bottle and walked, looking for the place where you get your prescription pills.
When he found it, the lady smiled softly at him. "You ran out already, Fresh?" She said as Fresh nodded.
She got up from her seat, leaving, then coming back with a bag. "Thanks, Elesia," Fresh said as he got the bag, leaving to pay.
Fresh took a quick look around his surroundings, not seeing Cray.
"Cray?" Fresh said, his voice weak, making his growl in annoyance.
Fresh walked around quickly, finding Cray looking at toys and candy. Fresh sighed as he walked up to him. "Come on," Fresh said as he walked past Cray, who followed.

When Fresh paid, he left with his things in a pharmacy bag. "We're going to school tomorrow. You better be prepared or I'm leaving you. I'm getting up early so I can walk. If you don't want to walk, stay home for an hour by yourself. Don't invite anyone over. And I mean it." Fresh's tone was serious. Cray nodded, not wanting to upset his brother.

When they got home, Fresh took his shoes and jacket off, throwing them wherever before going to his room with the pills.
He closed his door then slid down the door tiredly. "I need to see Mr. Reaper... It's the only way to see PJ... But how am I going to convince him to let me in the AfterLife AU?" Fresh thought out loud, then sighed.

There was a knock on the front door.
Cray answered it, smiling weakly at the adult who knocked.

"Hi, Mr. Rodger!" Cray greeted him, letting him in as Cray closed the door. "Hello, Cray. I've actually come here to ask a few important questions," Rodger said as Cray nodded. "This question is actually very important to this situation. But when PaperJam went missing, in the few days, did Fresh do anything?" Cray thought for a moment before nodding. "Actually! After a few days, when he went missing, Fresh was stunned? I don't know... It was like he was having a panic attack, he looked like he was in pure pain, he was clutching his chest to.o..."

Fresh quietly took a sip of his water, watching the TV Cray was watching.
Fresh suddenly gasp, dropping his water. He clutched his shirt in pain, feeling as if he could barely breathe. He started coughing up blood, getting Cray's attention. "Fresh?" Cray said in a worried voice, running up to his brother, who fell on the floor. He tried gasping for air, but he couldn't breathe. Fresh teared up as he screamed in pain, startling Cray, who ran off to a phone.

"I can't exactly remember, nor do I want to," Cray said with a sigh. "I see... Then this is a problem out of my power. Out of everyone's power," Rodger said, confusing Cray. "You see. PaperJam died within a few days after he went missing. He used a dagger and stuck it through his soul." "What does this have to do this Fresh!?" Cray said, getting worked up. "They were Soul-Mates. And this situation is worse because (you and) Fresh are both still young, not able to handle things yet. I'm sorry to say this, but Fresh can't be helped," Rodger said. "But!" "I'm sorry Cray," Rodger said, just as his watch rang. "I must leave. Have a good day, Cray." And with that, Rodger left, leaving Cray in shock.

"Fresh!" Cray knocked on Fresh's door, not getting an answer.
Cray pressed the side of his skull on the door, hearing soft snores.
Cray sighed of relief, going about his day in sadness.