chapter 16

(Jaebeom POV)

I went to college today because there is some assigments I need to submit. Jackson accompany me since he's like my super best friend. Yes if you are wondering why I am like this, he forces me to say that.

After finishing the duty we went to the university cafetaria. He started asking about Jinyoung but I shrug it off. I mean I'm still confused of my feeling and I think I might really had fall in love with him as what Jackson said. I don't want this conversation to go further so I cut it off.

"Jack, did you follow the news?"

"Considering I have the same major as you are.. what do you think?"

"Ugh, its just something has been bothering me"

"What paper works? Thank God I finished it yesterday."

Yes if you think Jackson is lazy and all he did is socializing. No he isn't he's like everyone's goals. He has face body mind and even personality too. I'm quite jealous.

"No it's not. Its about the case i'm taking. It just doesnt felt right. The murders. I mean the funding minister and the public figure. I feel like they were killed by the same person"

"What do you mean?"

"You see it got no pattern at all. And i've been having this hunch that it could be assassination. You know getting paid for killing?"

"There is still such thing as that? Really? What year is it?"

"But the murder of that social figure also had zero clue."

"Well then, i'm not going to deny the fact that its really hard to master the art of clean murder. But your argument is not strong enough"

"Thats right. The only clue I get is a damn phone type and sticker. But the super high tech machine help us figure out that blurred sticker it's an apeach sticker."

"Seriously? A murderer? Apeach? That doesn't fit together"

"Well.. those are the only lead my team had though."

"I don't know man, I think you should check the victims background."

"I did!"

"Woah, thats dedicated jae"

"Shut up jacks! Here look! After I did several further investigation on the victims. It all show that they are having some indecent works. The funding documents was found out later on and it turns out he's been doing a major corruption. The public figure one was actually launching the real antidote only in her first production. The later was actually fake antidote that doesn't really matter in your body."

"Woah.. thats dark."

"What if the murderer kills society unbeneficial people."

"It's only been two murders jaebeom, its not s-"

"Are you going to wait for what 10 murders?! These are still human they are supposed to be judge by the law not murder."

Jackson went silent. He do agree with me. But it just I know he doesn't know how to reply.

I spent half of my day in college then i go back doing my so called future job. Now its still part time but we got some contract of me working there after graduation which actually benefits me.

In the department it was still a stacked unsolved misteries. We still got no clue of the murderer. And because of that our team was giving up on this case its not like people would remember this incident in the next one month. But, I felt like this case could still be closed. It was silent intil I decided to tell them my thoughts.

They all comfort me by the "well that could happen" phrase but I know inside they don't believe me at all. I swear! The gift I have that no body elses had is that my hunch is 80% true!

"May I do further research on the victims? Please." I said begging them

They went silent for a while. Then the head chief starting to say something.

"Since you are still a part timer I'm not sure you can access all of the data without supervision Jaebeom."

"Can you put someone in charge of me then? Or at least please trust me. I want this case to be close soon."

"I'll supervise him." One of my senior raise his hand. He is one of the smartest police in the room. Everyone was left shocked. They just couldn't believe that he is going to spend his time on a case that has no end.

"I'm not letting any other members to help its only you two because we also need to cover." The head chief said.

"Unless if we found to murderers." My senior said again.

"Unless if you found them, when you do inform the team and we'll release the police force to capture them."

"Sure."

"Keep in mind that you have to do your own investigation, because the central has announce this to be a cold case."

"Yes, we understand."

I was so happy that my senior was willing to aid me. And personal investigation. O.M.G. that means i can actually go to the relevant places of crime. I'm happy.

I transfer all the data about the victims to my laptop so that I can work it at home. My seniors told me to not get those data leaked to anyone not even my family member. It's highly confidential.

"Sunbae, why do you stick up with this case."

"Because you look like you know something. And its quite fun if we could actually figure out the killer when everybody gave up on it."

"Thats true, but I really don't know anything yet. It's just a hunch."

"Yes exactly, it is just a hunch. The longer you work in this line of job your hunch somehow get stronger. And my hunch telling me that you might know something."

"Really?" I said confused because as far as I realize, I got no clue at all and its just me making prediction which could result to failure of course.

"Yes, because I feel like it might be someone close to you. Or to us."

Sorry for the slow updates :( i tried my best lol. Here is the next chapter yay. Hope you didn't get bored of the story :( tell me what you think >.< 💕💕