Chapter: 67

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger..."

(May, 2018)

Khloe tapped her pen on the counter as she continued to read over the paper that every employee had to eventually fill in at the end of their shift, today it happened to be her turn. It was unnecessary in her opinion, but it was part of the job.

Leaning on the counter, she scanned the store as the sun slowly set in front of her. It was the best view she got everyday, one of the reasons she started to enjoy working the afternoon shifts. Well that and the fact she didn't have to wake up early everyday. But it was the colors of red and orange that scattered the sky making Khloe appreciate the daily artwork she got to enjoy at work.

She had officially been working for a month and Khloe was proud to say she was getting the hang of becoming a regular employee for the company she helped build. The girls around her were helpful as ever and she would be lying if she said she wasn't enjoying the company of other girls around her. But most importantly her friendship with Natalie was slowly getting better, if you count the small talk they've had this past month. Either way Khloe took that bit of hope.

As she came out of her daydream, Khloe quickly moved the papers to the side once she saw a customer approaching the cashier. Putting her best retail face on, she rang up what seemed to be the last buying costumer of the day. If her predictions were correct, she should be leaving home right after helping the customer in front of her.

Like she suspected, according to the clock on the wall, closing was in an hour and Khloe's shift ended in 10 minutes.

"Khlo, we have a huge favor to ask." Her two coworkers leaned on the other side of the counter, making Khloe raise an eyebrow at them.

Morgan and Roxy were her favorite coworkers to day. In some ways, they kinda reminded Khloe of Natalie and herself. Becoming best friends since working at the store, they welcomed her in with open arms. They were really friendly with Khloe since day one and didn't get frustrated at her when she did things wrong, like forgetting to restock the back room when needed. Which resulted in working overtime and they all ended up eating chinese food on the floor with Natalie as they worked on fixing Khloe's mistake. And they had her back when a rude customer almost her cry because a certain clothing item wasn't in their size. No One told her how retail could be super tiring, she's learned the hard way unfortunately.

But it was Morgan that she called her twin flame. They were both blondes, not naturally but close enough. She was loud, not afraid to speak up her mind, something they both had trouble keeping to themselves especially when customers tried them. And she wasn't afraid to flirt with Julian, that one did make her stomach boil. But she managed to keep a cool face as he walked past her on his way to Natalie's office without giving her a single glance, chuckling at Morgan's failed attempts. She was convinced Morgan did that on purpose to get a reaction out of Khloe and prove her theory right.

They were practically sisters at this point, with apparently the same taste in guys.

"Am I going to regret this?" She crossed her arms in front of her, giving both girls in front of her a teasing smile.

"Honestly you don't have to agree, if you're busy" Roxy spoke quickly, before her best friend nudged her with her elbow.

Rolling her eyes, Khloe let out a small laugh, "Spill it out, girls"

A wave of excitement flooded the girl's face as they quickly gave Khloe a rushed explanation. Khloe tried to keep up as best as she could, nodding her head every other second. The only part she caught on was that they were going on a double date with the hottest guys they ever seen.