Chapter: 62

-" Everything is temporary..."

Natalie followed the security guard through the hallway with her friends behind her. Ayesha and her two little girls walked in front of her, making Nat breathe a little easy since she was covered from the front and the back. The noise of the crowd was getting louder and louder as they got closer to the basketball court. Her arms held Brinley closer to her chest, when the crowd recognized the group being led to their seats. She gave quick smiles to those who waved at her, and tried to take a peek at the baby in her arms.

After much convincing, Klay finally agree to bring their daughter to one of his games. Though he only agreed to it if she brought help and some special noise canceling headphones for Brinley. Since Brinley was now 3 months, Nat thought it was the perfect time to bring her the games, though Nat knew she would be sleeping through most of it. Plus Nat missed watching him play in person, she hasn't been able to come to any of games since she gave birth. 

She let out a sigh when they finally sat down in their rows of seats, carefully bouncing her daughter on her knee while they waited for the players to come out and warm up. They were both wearing matching jerseys with Klay's number on the back, except hers had "Daddy" on the back instead of "Thompson". It was a gift that Natalie had gotten from the Warrior's organization on her baby shower and Brinley was finally big enough to wear it. To top the whole outfit together, she had a blue bow on her head, that kept her hair out of the way. Her hair was getting longer and it was starting to curl at the ends which made Nat's heart melt every time.

Little laughs came from Brinley as Riley stood in front of her playing peek a boo causing Natalie to smile at the green eyed girl. Both Curry girls had grown to love Brin as the little sister they don't have and Steph has been getting baby fever which caused Ayesha to deny the request to have another baby everytime he carried Brinley.

The seat to her right was occupied by Khloe and to her surprise Cooper. According to Khloe, things were a little rocky but at least he wasn't canceling plans every other day.  It didn't stop her from giving him a warm greeting but she also had questions ever since she and Klay came home three weeks ago after leaving Khloe and Julian babysitting. She and Ayesha looked at each other feeling the tension between the couple, though they did put a facade of a happy couple, with his arms around her shoulder and Khloe leaning against him.

Natalie finally turned around when she felt a nudge, Ayesha leaned over whispering in her ear,"Steph told me Julian's coming with a plus one." 

Shrugging her shoulders, Nat's eyes followed the crowd of people who were currently finding their seats in the big arena. The whole situation was overwhelming even for her. Klay's plan of bringing Khloe and Julian together failed miserably when they came home to find Khloe in her room with the door shut and Julian in the living room. And every since that day when they both babysat, not a single word from both of them which left Natalie confused. She didn't know what happened between them, all she knew was that Cooper showed up the very next day with flowers while they both were gossiping and that was the end of any conversation they were going to have about Julian.

After a few minutes of sitting in their seats, the players finally came out to warm up.  Natalie's eyes followed each number on their backs and she felt a smile reach her face when the number 11 ran onto the court and followed each warm up exercise with his teammates.

Leaning towards the smiling baby in her arms, she placed a small kiss on her cheek and pointed in his direction, "Look baby, there's daddy"

Of course Brinley had no idea what was going but being the happy baby she was, began to wave her tiny arms back and forth letting out a squeal which caused everyone including Cooper to chuckle.