Chapter: 37

-"Feels like everything is falling into place."

Natalie felt Klays thumb slowly rub hers as they made their way into her house. It was a common gesture he made when he was nervous, though he didnt even realize it himself. After almost 6 months of dating, Natalie knew every little thing that Klay did and as much as he denies it , she knew he was nervous about making a good impression. What he didn't already know what that everyone already loved him especially her younger sister. She faintly smiled remembering the car ride and how her sister and Klay got along  so well as if they had met before. Of course Khloe was quiet the entire car ride to her parents house but Nat already assumed that they wouldn't be talking after the stunt she pulled back in the stadium.

The two story house in front of them was the average family home. One that Natalie always loved ever since moving in when she was 3. It was homey, but also had enough space for all of them. It was her mothers dream house, something that their father always worked hard on. The house being a spanish style home, which acknowledged their spanish roots. Growing up Natalie always wanted to follow her family's foot steps and buy a similar home to raise her own family. And now years later bringing Klay to her childhood home, Natalie felt like her future was really going forward.

A golden ray of sun was slowly fading away turning the sky a purplish red color, and the wind blowing ever so slightly making Nat pull on her jacket a little tighter on her body. The temperature in Orange County had drop to the 50s, causing everyone in California to shiver in coldness including the girls who haven't been used to the cold. In that moment the front door was opened, her mom stood in front smiling at the young couple, her excitement showing through.

 In that moment the front door was opened, her mom stood in front smiling at the young couple, her excitement showing through

Nat grinned back at the scene in front of her, slightly dragging Klay behind her as they approached her mom.

"Natalie Marie Vasquez, you finally bring the famous Klay Thompson home."

Teasing like she always did, Karina held her arms out wide, inviting the 6"7 basketball player to one of her motherly hugs. Klay blushed as he kneeled down to her level and a familar scent hit his nose, it was welcomely, it was home.

"It's nice to finally meet you Ms. Vasquez"   His eyes trailed back to Natalie, who slightly rolled her eyes at the fact that he called her mom by their last name. Something she didn't like, always claiming that it reminded her of her mother-in-law and her age.

Stepping aside to let the couple in, Karina waved her arms around, "Unless you don't want a nice homecook meal, I suggest you drop that formalness, you make me feel so old." He chuckled when he realized how hungry he really was after that drive home from the Staples Center.

As Klay walked in the home, a strong smell of food invited him in. Instantly his gaze went to the walls in the hall near the door. Pictures of Natalie and her siblings hung up, decorated bringing the home a feel of warmth that Klay wasn't used too. Natalie looked around, her mind going in different directions obviously looking for the elephant in the room, her brother. There was noise down the hall leading to the living room, and she knew it was Khloe with her younger sister.