enjoying your company

"why didn't you tell me?" he asked her, a lopsided smile plastered on his lips.

"excuse me, what?" y/n asked with a raised brow. however, she did know what bill was talking about. he's talking about her liking him back. if it wasn't about that, bill wouldn't have kissed her.

"come one y/n! you l-like me back," he responded, his smile still showing. this boy was beyond happy at the moment.

right after the bell rang, beverly pulled him away from his classroom once his foot stepped out of the room. the two were walking until bill asked her a question. "so w-why did you pull me a-away?"

"i pulled you away because i have top-secret information for you," beverly said, a devilish smile forming on her pink lips. bill gave the girl a worried expression. "don't worry it's not bad. in fact, it has to do with a special girl."

"i told you, you d-don't need to hook me up with s-someone. we're going to c-college soon anyway." bill spoke, rolling his ocean blue eyes.

"well, that's not what it's about. it's about y/n," beverly said, making bill have complete interest in the conversation. he has now completely listened to what beverly had to say.

yes, it may have hurt when stan kissed y/n, yet feels like the ones he has been hard to throw away. he's been in love with her since freshman maybe even eighth grade. it's so hard for him to just put all those feelings aside for her. she's different. he even tried dating beverly to stop the feelings, but that didn't work.

"i hope you know the girl is head over heels for you," beverly said grinning like a little kid.

bill's mouth was agape from shock. "w-what really?" he questioned in utter shock. his blue eyes sparkling with hope and joy.

"of course, why would i lie to you?" beverly said, soon slightly pushing him. "now go get your girl."

y/n couldn't stop smiling up at the boy. "that was supposed to be a surprise. how did you even find out?" she questioned, still a small smile on her lips.

"beverly," he said, simply. a small shrug following after.

"of course she did." y/n said looking down at her feet. "well bill, i do like you very much. so much that i was wondering if you want to join me for a picnic near our special spot ." she said, looking back up at those blue eyes. his eyes sparkled as they always do.

"is y/n y/l/n a-asking me on a date?" he asked, chuckling a bit. "i was supposed to ask you out," he added shortly after.

"well how about i change the game."

"then i w-would love that," he responded.

"okay now hop in!" y/n said, slowly getting into her car since her door was already open.

"wait right n-now?"

"yes right now, come on slowpoke," she said giggling. oh, how bill loves that giggle. now he can hear that giggle every day.

bill got into the familiar car. he's been getting rides from this car a lot recently, it's starting to feel like his car. except he doesn't drive. y/n does, however she lets him drive the old car on certain occasions.

"how about we stop by my house real quick. we can make some food instead of buying some at the deli." y/n suggested, her eyes glued onto the road.

bill thought she looked so cute when she's focused. how her nose slightly crinkles when another car merges in front of her. how at times she licks her lips. now he just finds anything cute and adorable.

"hello, earth to bill." y/n spoke bill out of his thoughts. chuckling. "hey, i think you have a little drool right there." she said, shifting her gaze to bill and pointing at his lower chin.

bill playfully rolls his eyes. "wow v-very funny." he responded.

"no seriously," she said with a straight face. no emotion or tone to indicate that she was joking. the girl shifted her gaze back to the road, her lip turning up into a small smirk.

bill placed his hand on his chin to feel a little wet spot. he had definitely drooled. bill cussed quietly, causing y/n to chuckled. "should have listened to me when i first told you." she said, her smirk still there.

"you h-hurt my heart, how d-dare you." bill said playfully, crossing his arms over his chest. the drool already wiped up.

"shut up, we don't need you drooling again." y/n said chuckling at the older boy. she's never letting this moment down.

the girl pulled up into her driveway, right next to her parents' car. quickly y/n turned off the car and swiftly got out of it. soon walking over to the back of the car to grab her backpack.

"you can leave your stuff here bill." her angelic voice spoke to the boy. his lips turning into a smile.

call him a hopeless romantic all you want, he's just beyond happy with the news. "of c-course babe." he replied, closing the car door. following the smaller girl up the steps to her house.

he missed her house. he missed her family. he missed the late-night hangouts the two would have. hell, he even misses the smell of the house, and in facts smells like lavender and roses every time he steps into the house.

the two walked into the kitchen, bill taking a seat at the island. y/n walked over to the refrigerator, pulling out ingredients for a sandwich. "turkey or ham?" she asked him as she pulled out the mayo.

"ham please." bill responded.

"if you want to help, can you please take the fruit out and cut them up? i want to have a fruit salad that's why." y/n asked, pulling out the cheese and meat.

"o-of course! a-anything for you!" the boy happily got up from the chair and skipping to the refrigerator to grab the fruits. the only fruits there were strawberries, blueberries, mango, and bananas. might make a good combination. bill shrugged taking the fruits out. closing the door right after. he walked behind y/n making the sandwich and over towards the sink to rinse the fruits.

once he was done he grabbed the cutting board out of the cabinet. placing the fruits on it, he started cutting everything.

-

y/n ran up the grassy hill to go sit underneath the shade. "hurry up slowpoke!" she yelled as she made her way up.

bill held onto the basket, while she held onto the blanket. surprisingly the weather was still nice out. the sun was still shining, the sky was blue with just a hint of a breeze. today was just perfect.

"i-i'm coming, don't worry," he said. a chuckle escaped his lips, a smile plastered on his lips. he was just enjoying himself. he was enjoying y/n. he was just enjoying each other's company.

-
pretty bad chapter i know, but i just have to say a few things. first of all, thank you for reading this book. it really means a lot.
second of all, this book is sadly going to end soon. which sucks because i love writing it.
and finally, i'm working on another book so watch out for that.