innocent act

"do you like bill? do you really like him?" beverly asked.

y/n looked at her friend, nodding slowly. "i do like him. when i kissed stan, it didn't feel right. but when i kissed bill for that short amount of time, i felt something. he gave me butterflies, bev. stan didn't. it felt like a kiss when you're drunk at a party and don't know the person. it meant nothing to me. god, i have been so stupid, bev." she explained. a hand pinching the bridge of her nose, her gaze towards the faded cream and green colored tiles of the bathroom.

"tell him that before stan tells him about the kiss," beverly told the h/c haired girl, her hands resting upon her stressed friend's shoulder. she was hoping she'll look up at her. she did.

y/n nodded slowly once more. "i...i'll tell him." she said and small grin making their way to her lips. "i'll see you at the lunch table, i need to find bill." she said, hugging her friend before she trotted away.

she looked through the halls, trying to find bill. maybe he'll be at his locker. she thought. her feet hit the tile, basically jogging through the halls now. she spotted his locker but no bill.

a long sigh came out of y/n's pink lips. "fuck he's at the lunch table." she turned around and jogged towards the cafeteria, filled with numerous students.

she pushed the doors of the cafeteria open, revealing a huge amount of students. great, just great. y/n tried her best to squeeze through the crowd of students, stopping once she reached the table. beverly was already there, and it looked as if she was stalling for her. a smile plastered on her lips she walked to the table.

"bill!" y/n called out, quickly running to the table. his eyebrows were furrowed, he looked upset. the girl's body tense up once she was at the table. "i need to tell you something..." she trailed off, gazing towards the table instead of any of her friends.

"yeah i n-need to tell you something t-too, why the hell w-would you kiss s-stan?!" he practically yells. causing a few eyed landing on him.

her breathing hitched, her body tensed even more than before. everything around her was frozen in time. "wh-"

"d-don't even play that innocent a-act on me." bill cut her off. "and i t-thought you genuinely l-liked me back, i was so wrong.." he switched his gaze to his friends. his friends had a worried and concerned face. surprisingly, even richie. all expect stan, who had a smug smile. it was small, but it was there. "but you k-know what, it doesn't m-matter! we w-were fake dating the w-whole time!" bill rant. turning his head around, to face y/n once more. "next time, d-don't play with someone's feelings. you're m-manipulative and a t-traitor. and i never want to t-talk to you again." he said finally, getting up from the bench that belonged to the table and walked away from his friends and y/n.

y/n looked down on the ugly faded colored tiles that laid on the floor of the cafeteria. on the verge of crying, a tear soon come down from her e/c eyes, of course, she didn't want her friends to know. "i can't believe you actually did that?" eddie spoke. "you told me you were over stan, and you're over here kissing him! i told you not to hurt bill's feelings." he added, anger laced into his voice. "just...just leave." he said softly, turning to his direction the to rest of his friends.

beverly and richie came to her rescue. "you heard bill, they were faking dating. it's not like y/n knew bill's undying love for her! you can't just kick y/n out of the club! she made a little mistake, but she is still our friend." richie defended, sending the girl a soft smile. richie actually defending me, shocker.

"actually, if you guys want me to leave i can." y/n said. her e/c orbs scanning each and everyone's reaction. from eddie to mike, ben, stan, beverly, and richie. eddie seemed more than glad to leave her. mike and ben looked away, they didn't want to be put in the middle of the situation, plus they don't want to hurt their friend's feelings. stan was shocked that she had said that. he was open in utter shock. beverly and richie were also shocked about it.

"no, you're not leaving," beverly said.

"yeah, you're our friend and it's going to stay like that. so come here and sit down." stan said, his eyebrows furrowed.

"i probably find somewhere else to sit, i just want bill to have some space. that won't happen if i'm here. so i'll see you guys around." y/n spoke. whipping her cheeks and eyes from the tears that had fallen. she turned around and walked out of the cafeteria and school.

that was the last time they saw her in weeks.

-

okay, guys thank you so much for over 900 reads!! i can't believe so much have been reading this book, so thank you so much! also sorry for not updating for like a week, i was spending my spring break with my mom since i don't really see her anymore. also, school started to get stressful.